Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mariott Hotel in Carlow?

Options
  • 05-11-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

just heard this, anyone else hear this, where are they going to build it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Are you sure, I believe you are referring to the news of two new job annoucements. The Marriot was in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

Are you sure, I believe you are referring to the news of two new job annoucements. The Marriot was in Cork.

i was in hospital in dublin and a nurse said she read it in a paper recently when she found out i was from carlow, maybe she got mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭patrickc

TWO US firms announced the creation of 390 jobs yesterday at separate projects in Cork and Carlow.

One of the world's largest hoteliers, Marriott International, announced it is to set up a second operation in Cork city which will create employment for 220 people.

In Carlow, Taoiseach Brian Cowen oversaw the start of a new €200 million medicines facility yesterday which will provide 170 full- time jobs when complete.

seems to be a mistake so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

patrickc wrote: »
    In Carlow, Taoiseach Brian Cowen oversaw the start of a new €200 million medicines facility yesterday which will provide 170 full- time jobs when complete.

This is for Merck Sharp & Dohme which has been under construction out by Homebase for the last few months. It appears that they only figured out that they might want some people to work there when it's finished last week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

HMMMM, not sure about MSD after all that stuff in Tipp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Merck won't be finished for ages.

Plenty of time to find people to work there.

There is a hotel meant to be built down by the barrow I think but they could have pulled out considering the floods..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Regarding MSD, is this plant going to be for the production of one specific product or is it a general purpose base? If its a specific product, I would have doubts about the long term stability of that plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I knew I had heard about MS&D before...

http://www.entemp.ie/press/2007/20071127a.htm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Regarding MSD, is this plant going to be for the production of one specific product or is it a general purpose base? If its a specific product, I would have doubts about the long term stability of that plant.

Not sure. But as regards stability they have been a very good employer down in Clonmel for a long time so I reckon they are a good catch for Carlow longer term.

• Advertisement
Advertisement