Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

26 weeks scan pic

Options
  • 05-11-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Had a bit of a scare and ended up in hosp for a few days. Just caution though, turned out nothing wrong just a bit of unexplained spotting. Got great pics from my scan while there. I'd say these are the last as she's getting too big for good pics. Kitten junior is now nearly 2lbs and she is thriving in there. I'm feeling great and after they realised all was okay I had a very interesting time with some lovely girls. Food was good too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Button Nose:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

She's gorgeous, it's so clear! I'm so glad that all looks well, you must have gotten quite a fright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Thanks Quackles. It was a bit freaky. I had a tiny bit of spotting on Monday night so I said right straight to emergency so I packed a few things, nightie etc and in I went. Blood pressure fine, trace fine, speculum exam fine. No more blood and then the doc gets the scanner out and the **** hit the fan. Oh I don't like the amount of amniotic fluid that's showing and I thing the placenta is very low. Me - being a nosey parker control freak wanted to know what this could mean - bottom line, if baby not thriving early delivery necessary. Now my babs is only 26 weeks today and I know how dangerous that is and the likilihood of long term handicaps based on such a premature start.

My proper scan was schedualed for 7am and I am happy to say everything was fine. baby was bang on for dates. Placenta was in the same posterior safe place and there was exactly the right amount of amniotic fluid. She is nearly 2lbs Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!

I'm so happy everything is okay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

wow it's so clear!! Our first scan was due to be the 17th Nov, but I had a few probs last week so had to go in to the hospital for a check. She did a scan and honestly I was expecting the worst, but low and behold there it was a teeny tiny heart fluttering away. It's the best bit of TV I've ever seen :D

Now we've just to wait for the 17th for the daddy to see junior and hopefully then we can start telling people!!! These past 11 weeks have DRAGGED in!!!:eek:

Best of luck templeton. Once he/she starts moving it's a little better but it's always hard and scary not really knowing what's going on in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Grawns wrote: »
    Best of luck templeton. Once he/she starts moving it's a little better but it's always hard and scary not really knowing what's going on in there.

Thank you Grawns. That's exactly it, the not knowing.

But hopefully all will be well on the 17th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iris91

:DJaysus Grawns, sure isn't it a small world, I joined the boards months ago but never posted, when you gave us a link to kitten jnr the other day I remembered I had joined and logged on, typed in Pregnant and your post popped up!!!

Hee hee:D Am Boards slag !

yeah this forum wasn't up at the time of kitten juniors conception so now I flit between both. Way too much pregnancy obsessing :)

I love eumom for the birth clubs. It's brilliant that we're all due in Feb 09 so we can help each other out with the day to day stuff.

I love boards cause I just do. It's got everything!

Advertisement