Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting to bt internet through belkin wireless router

Options
  • 04-11-2008 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

I am attempting to connect to bt broadbnd through a belkin adsl2 wireless router.

I have an old bt voyager 105 adsl modem which will connect to the internet however when i try and substitute this with the belkin wireless router, it wont work. I have updated the settings with the username password supplied by bt and no luck. The adsl light is on however there is no light for the internet. I have recently moved and had the belkin router working with bt brodband in my last house. cannot work out what the issue is. :(

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

splayfair wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am attempting to connect to bt broadbnd through a belkin adsl2 wireless router.

I have an old bt voyager 105 adsl modem which will connect to the internet however when i try and substitute this with the belkin wireless router, it wont work. I have updated the settings with the username password supplied by bt and no luck. The adsl light is on however there is no light for the internet. I have recently moved and had the belkin router working with bt brodband in my last house. cannot work out what the issue is. :(

Can anyone help?

What ADSL mode are you setting? Are you in an ADSL2 served area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 splayfair

I am not sure, how do i find out? am only about 100 metres from last house where settings worked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I am not sure, how do i find out? am only about 100 metres from last house where settings worked.

The modulation type should be visible on the router status page.

Version Info Firmware Version6.01.04 (Mar 8 2006 17:48:27) Boot Version0.70.2v6 Hardware01 Serial No.J615382191 LAN Settings LAN/WLAN MAC00-11-50-82-C6-38/ 00-11-50-82-C6-3A/ IP address192.168.2.1 Subnet mask255.255.255.0 DHCP ServerEnabled DHCP Clients num1

Internet Settings ADSL StatusDisconnected Data Rate Down/Up0Kb/0Kb WAN MAC address00-11-50-82-C6-39 Connection TypePPPoA Features UPnPDisabled NATEnabled FirewallEnabled WirelessEnabled ModeMixed (11b+11g) ESSID BroadcastEnabled SSIDBelkin54g(k) Channel11 Security
    Disabled

That was an attempt to post the status page,

The adsl connected shows connected, however i had to disconnect it from the router to post the reply

• Advertisement

That was an attempt to post the status page,

The adsl connected shows connected, however i had to disconnect it from the router to post the reply

The authentication method is set wrong, it should be PPPoE, not PPPoA and there's no mention of the modulation type.

Refer to this for the needed settings.

http://btireland.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/btireland.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12&p_created=1084353014&p_sid=-s7x44ij&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NDImcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPTIyNCwyMjcsMjQ1JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9My4yNDUmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Hi all,

Can anyone help?

As I'm typing this I am wrapping up my Belkin router (3 months old) and sending it back for a replacement router. It worked perfectly when I was with UTV but just after switching to BT the router started acting up, first it would only give local access for my laptop but my desktop could connect. And after phone calls to BT and Belkin I eventually got the issue resolved via Belkin support as BT don't want anything to do with it if it's not a BT supplied modem/router.

Then the router got progressively worse making it very difficult to get online, restarting the router, restoring factory settings everything just to get it working and getting online.

Then last weekend it just wouldn’t work DSL light on solid but it just wouldn’t connect to the internet. After checking everything with BT, I again rang Belkin and went through everything with a Belkin person and then after going through everything he eventually puts me through to his superior who is also determined to go through everything again and again restart, unplug, restore factory settings etc. After convincing him I wasn’t in Australia, I had the proper ISP settings (Which I had) I was connected and I could see the uprate and downrate data but could no go online couldent ping, he then eventually agreed a replacement which I am wrapping up now to be returned by freepost.

So I’m guessing it could be the router being the problem and if you feel like taking Indian English for about an hour you can contact Belkin on +44 (0)1933 352000. I’m not that heavy a user 20-30GB a month so I don’t think it’s from over use

I went out the next day and bought a netgear router and is working perfectly on first setup.

Advertisement