Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reverse parking system - Tesco

Options
  • 04-11-2008 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Came across a reverse parking unit at Tesco for €80 - that's less than half what Halfords are charging. Haven't fitted it yet. There's a unit that fits at the back (surprise!) that powers off the reverse light (I guess) and transmits a signal via wireless to the 5 level indicator in the cab. It says it detects objects within 5ft/1.5metres and has a left and right sensor.

I found mine in Tesco Mahon Point in Cork - in the car accessories section - 2 other Corks stores did NOT have it.

PS: there's another handy and cheap item in that section - an anti-slip "mat" - very thin rubbery material - for €5 you get a sheet big enough to floor the boot of a car - I cut pieces off mine to non-slip areas of the cab. (and I have a load left!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Dowtchboy - sorry but couldn't resist...

I have a similar "device" for my rig - but operates at a fraction of the cost.

SWMBO gets out, goes to the back of the van, and gesticulates frantically (wireless!!). Would love to plug her into the reverse lights - but might get done for cruelty. Works as a left or right sensor too, if she walks to the other side of the van.

Detects to less than an inch (or so she says!). Sadly, not for sale because mine can cook too!

Now the mat - that's interesting!!:D

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

zoltar_boi wrote: »
    Dowtchboy - sorry but couldn't resist...

I have a similar "device" for my rig - but operates at a fraction of the cost.

SWMBO gets out, goes to the back of the van, ...
    Michael
    Ah yes - I had one of those, once.
    However she cost me everything I ever earned.... which is why I own a campervan and not a house.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Thanks for the warning!!!

Advertisement