Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physical memory

Options
  • 04-11-2008 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi,

my computer has started acting up recently and everything is slower or lagging. had a quick look to see what might be problem and im guessing its because usually out of 1022mb of phys. memory,0 is free, and nearly 700 cached. is there anything i can do to free some of this up or is a whole windows reset my best option..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 longdub

use the windows task manager to find out which program is "eating" all the memory,and uninstall it if you don't really need it.or it could be some spyware or even some virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

the main 3 eating memory are internet explorer, desktop window manager and windows explorer, im guessing if i stop desktop then i lose use of that so thats not an option,also same applies for windows, so besides the internet, nothing uses over 2,5 k ..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 longdub

how many process is runing at moment,like my xp pro' is having 47 prosess running at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

it has 54 processes with 800 odd threads, have deleted some programs that auto start up..cpu usage is going crazy 0 up to 36 down to 4 way up again..
    the little green graph for memory is at 768mb constant almost

Advertisement