Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Bike - Online?

Options
  • 04-11-2008 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am based in Dublin and the last couple of bikes I have bought have been got from Eurocycles (shop in town) and Penny Farthing(Camden St).

I think I paid around €150 and €175 each.

I only use the mountain bike for cycling to a friends or down to the local sports club etc.

Is there any shops online here in Dublin or up North which have a selection of bikes at similar prices and if from up North would deliver.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

www.chainreactioncycles.com

There's much more but I've used them and they're pretty good. (Delivery company is rubbish though)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

www.chainreactioncycles.com are up north with free delivery, though you have to assemble it.

www.wiggle.co.uk ship ready assembled, the postage is quite reasonable from the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

+ 1 to CRC but also consider Evans http://www.evanscycles.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Cheers lads, bought a bike from chainreactioncycles and arrived to me today.

As someone said I need to assemble it, it is still in the box so dont know how many parts it in.

Would it be hard to assemble it?

I rang the one of the two local bike shops and was quoted €30 to assemble it.

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

€30 is not a bad price TBH.

You could always give it a go and see how you do, there is plenty of material online to help if you Google. You may need a few tools, mainly allen keys and maybe a few spanners.

The tricky stuff may be the gears, to a lesser extent the brakes, getting these to work right.

Some bikes come from the manufacturer more assembled than others.

Only one way to find out!

If you do decide to do it yourself make sure to grease the threads on everything, especially the pedals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

My BeOne from CRC was just wheels on, brake lines, and attach handlebars. Have ago yourself. If you don't damage anything you can just always bring it to LBS, no worse off.

Advertisement