Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Bassist (or bassist) needed for Jazz Band

Options
  • 04-11-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm in the process of setting up a jazz band, we have everything necessary except the bass. Piano, Drums, Guitar, Clarinet and saxs (alto+tenor). 2 of us are TCD 2nd year music students, another TCD 2nd year in another course, another is slightly older, a 27 year old graduate, a brother of one of the members, and the other two are just friends of friends we've managed to find. We have all the music ready to go, and 2 city centre places to practise. For the first while we plan to use the "real books" to play some Cannonball Adderely, Thad Jones, Herman Hupfield, Lester Young, Sonny Rollins and Joe Zawinul kind of chilled vibe, however, there are plans for some originals too. Preferebly we'd like to hear from any double bassists, in the dublin area, who would be up for playing during the week. However, as it appears that double bassists are a rare breed, we'd also be happy to hear from any jazz bass guitarists. Really hope to hear from somebody soon, as we're all very eager to get playing. Any questions, or you'd be interested? PM me and let me know, or just reply here.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 phelonzae

hi there mate, im phelan murphy, a young fretless jazz and double bassist, i can play anything pastorius and a bit of marcus miller, and am goin into my first yr of dit this yr for classical (double bass) let me know if you still need one

Advertisement