Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Panorama - C&C ***large image***

Options
  • 04-11-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I took some images from the top of the canal end stand about two years ago and could never get the stitching software to make it work (not enough images etc).

Only recently did i purchase stitching software - and it handled it lovely.

I love the feeling of scale, height and vertigo in it - apologies for the size

any c&c appreciated as always.

2995457236_bb2ec08661_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

Wow, cool effect. What software did you use?

I notice that there are some small glitches on the lines on the pitch, would this have been lessened if you had more shots to incorporate (not a criticism by the way, I'm just interested!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scotty38886

its difficult enough to make a great panorama but you have the basics right.
    the main part is your position,that is paramount.
    but i think given the circumstances and the crowd ,i thing its a very good attempt (hope i dont come accross as offensive)

well done keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scotty38886

p.s can you post it smaller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭feileacan

dakar wrote: »
    Wow, cool effect. What software did you use?

I notice that there are some small glitches on the lines on the pitch, would this have been lessened if you had more shots to incorporate (not a criticism by the way, I'm just interested!)

i thought this as well but i think its the netting behind the goal.

i bought autopanopro which was quite expensive but i got tired of trying software that just would do what i wanted.

thanks, appreciate the comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

well done:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

feileacan wrote: »
    i thought this as well but i think its the netting behind the goal.

So did I initially, but look up around midfield at the lines going all the way across the pitch, or the near end line, where there are no nets to cause the artifacts. This probably makes the difference for me between a good attempt and a really great image (not of course that i've ever managed anything near as good:)).

well spotted. i stand corrected (bugger)

looking back i would have taken lots of images rather than just the 5

i also used a 17-40 wide angle to take them which probably introduced more 'bend'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Great shot, I use Stitcher unlimited for these and it does a perfect job even when I dont!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Stunning view, even with any slight imperfections. Nice with a good crowd there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭countryjimbo

Great shot, the crowd and players really add to it.
    Pity they wouldn't stay still for you, I count about 36 players + 2 goalie's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

very impressive but defo could do with the image being smaller or linked to the bigger file!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Philistine

Great shot !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

brilliant shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

someone just pointed it out to me that there is 38 players on the pitch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Looks to me as if the problem with the pitch lines is caused by the steps in the stand being where it seems to have done the matching instead between those two shots.

how do i post it at a different size?

theres no edit button for the original post

the image is

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/2995457236_7a1c6e8b0e_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Great shot, the crowd and players really add to it.
    Pity they wouldn't stay still for you, I count about 36 players + 2 goalie's :D

2 goalie's ? think they are call linesmen or something in gaa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

good effect. oh and as has been said i think theres's a limit on the size of pics posted here 800 pix or something!

nice effort all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4 theschoolhouse

Hi I love the image I wonder can I use it on my website as a background?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

feilecan hasn't posted in 4 years, so will almost certainly not see this thread - so i'm afraid that unless he replies, the answer would be no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

super work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

fantastic shot I think!

Advertisement