Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playboy parties

Options
  • 04-11-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi folks, I'm a journalist writing a piece on the rise of the Playboy brand, and how it appeals to both men and women these days. I'm just trying to get a feeling for how people, especially young women, feel about this. Have any of you ever been to a Playboy-themed party, worn a t-shirt with a Playboy logo on it, worn a pair of 'Bunny' ears on a hen night? Is it just a bit of fun and are people over-reacting to the use of the Playboy logo? Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

i'm not a woman but
    I think girls wearing the pb logo can send out confusing signals...

also i think its wrong for parents to let their kids wear stuff with the bunny (or indeed playboy lunchboxes or folders).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

To be honest, I don't think the play boy logo has much significance anymore. Before the internet when people had to buy the magazine to do their business, yeah it was a big symbol.

But young lads and teenagers don't really know much about playboy as they've got computers.

There's nothing wrong with Playboy or what it represents. The women who live at the masion have everything they want and it's their choice.

People who have a problem with the logo are just looking for attention or women's rights activists. But, the women 'choose' to be in playboy or to live at the mansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Queenofsheba

Thanks for your comments folks! Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

A good starting point would be the companies share price - which is tanking. The edge seems to have gone off the group and they are having difficulties getting advertising coupled with a decline in copy sales

http://www.findata.co.nz/Markets/StockQuote/NYSE/PLA.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Queenofsheba

Cheers for that - it was indeed what inspired this piece. The share price has dropped from something like $12 a year ago to just over $3 at the start of November, which was what prompted me to wonder how the logo could be so pervasive if the company was going downhill. Turns out the merchandising arm is the only one making any money these days!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement