Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbit Laser Eye Clinic closing

Options
  • 04-11-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

I had my surgery with Orbit Laser Eye Clinic based on Baggot St in August. I got home yesterday to find a letter saying that they are to cease trading on November 21st. I was given 3 dates to choose from for my final checkup but that would be all I would receive (the original price was to include checkups for a year).

Did anyone else get this letter? I have just checked the website and there is nothing on it about this

http://www.orbitlaser.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

OMG that's awful!!! They should pay for you to be looked after at least in another clinic for the rest of the year! I was gonna go with them as they were reasonably priced and had that Easycare plan but I'm not going now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

eve wrote: »
    I had my surgery with Orbit Laser Eye Clinic based on Baggot St in August. I got home yesterday to find a letter saying that they are to cease trading on November 21st. I was given 3 dates to choose from for my final checkup but that would be all I would receive (the original price was to include checkups for a year).

Did anyone else get this letter? I have just checked the website and there is nothing on it about this

yup, got the same letter the other day. tbh i'm perfectly happy with my recovery and i only want to go back now (4 weeks after surgery) to get the all clear to get back on the football pitch - i've seen too many wingbacks get an easy ride recently. as for further checkups, i knew i wouldn't keep to the appointment schedule so the news doesn't move me much.

on the other hand, if i had concerns i would be on to Tracey seeking a part refund in order to cover the cost of alternative aftercare

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My OH got it done too. Is he entitled to a part refund to cover further checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cathydeise

Did Orbit Eye Laser refer you to another eye laser surgery for your check-ups? Or so you have any contacts at all for them? I want to look at getting a check-up but I need to know what technology they used........ Any information is much appreciated!!
    eve wrote: »

Advertisement