Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 3X06 - "S Se Puede" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 04-11-2008 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

TV.com summary:
    Miguel is put to the test by Dexter. Rita is forced to reconsider her choices. Debra begins to feel like she had some part to play in a homicide case she's working on.

Another very good episode, pushing the boundaries of Dexter and Miguel's "friendship". Enjoyable overall, with lots of smaller plot advancements too. And I'm happy that in the end,
    Dexter did not feel comfortable enough to perform his "ritual" in front of Miguel and instead gave him another location
    . Was a bit of a slow burner until the final few minutes, but still very good.

What did you think of "Sì Se Puede"? 22 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    18% 4 votes
    Average
    77% 17 votes
    Bad
    4% 1 vote
    Unwatchable
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Really enjoyed it... Miguel is gonna turn out to be Keraaaazy!
    What happens when he starts piecing together that Dex may be th Bay Harbour Butcher though? If Maria ever vouchs for Doakes innocence, or mentions that Doakes was suspicious of Dex in Miguel's earshot... Are we to believe that Miguel thinks Freebo was Dexter's first kill? That's one bit I'm confused about
    Also, I didn't like the scene where Rita goes on about her doubts about going into business with a new friend bla bla, conveniently and frustratingly obviously mirroring Dexter's situation. Really felt shoe horned in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

doonothing wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it... Miguel is gonna turn out to be Keraaaazy!
    What happens when he starts piecing together that Dex may be th Bay Harbour Butcher though? If Maria ever vouchs for Doakes innocence, or mentions that Doakes was suspicious of Dex in Miguel's earshot... Are we to believe that Miguel thinks Freebo was Dexter's first kill? That's one bit I'm confused about
    Also, I didn't like the scene where Rita goes on about her doubts about going into business with a new friend bla bla, conveniently and frustratingly obviously mirroring Dexter's situation. Really felt shoe horned in...

Aye, Miguel has to have some suspicions, unless he's really, really stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

doonothing wrote: »
    Are we to believe that Miguel thinks Freebo was Dexter's first kill? That's one bit I'm confused about

Yep, it definitely seems that's what Dexter wants him to believe (he specifically said they got lucky before but maybe they should quit while they're ahead) but I agree, if Miguel does not catch on to the fact that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher, he must be a complete idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Who do we like for the skinner?

Miguel?
    Quinn?
    Anton?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

My money is on Anton, Quinn would be too predictable and I really don't think it would be Miguel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

DeadParrot wrote: »

Miguel?
    Quinn?
    Anton?

I have money on anton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Debs love interest a murder again????

Cant this girl get any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Debs love interest a murder again????

Cant this girl get any luck?

ah they'd hardly do that...

would they?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Surely Anton is too obvious? Not sure who it would be if not him, but surely he is a red herring.

Ah it'd be crap if every new serial killer just turns out to be Deb's love interest...
    And considering how much she went mental after finding about about yer man last time, there's no way they could realistically portray her character bouncing back from it again. Especially if, someday, they might consider her finding out about Dex... 3 times to become close to a serial killer? Toooo daft and lazy for Dexter!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what's miguels brother's name? I think it's him. In one of the earlier episodes of this season, a sketch artist was working in the background of a scene and the camear moved over the drawing for a second towards the end and it was miguels brother.

well, or a random cuban dude I guess. but it looked very like him

After watching episode 7, I should know better than posting about it in the episode 6 thread.

Mod edit: Seriously Rene Crooked Salesman.. that was just stupid. Don't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Spoiler removed

Just finished watching it myself thought it was a real lackluster episode.

Opr

Oi, hold it with the frickin spoilers lads

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Spoiler removed.
    Thanks for ruining the episode for me. Not everyone reading this thread has seen episode 7 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm 2 episodes behind and I had to clean this shit up.... Nice going, Rene Crooked Salesman.
    Hopefully caught it before it was ruined for anyone else. Sorry guys...

Infraction given..... lucky it wasn't a ban.

I don't see how I ruined anything for anyone. I didn't say what happened in episode 7 just my opinion of it. Don't get me wrong I'm sorry if people feel I've spoiled it...that was honestly not my intention. I apologise but I don't feel I've spoiled anything? I think when you do see episode 7 you might feel differently. sorry again though!

Thanks Rene Crooked Salesman..... the 3 posts directly after yours said "Stop posting spoilers..." (or words to that effect). You shouldn't have commented on any episodes after episode 6 in this thread, regardless of how innocent you thought the post was .... sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Miguel?
    Quinn?
    Anton?

Ah personally I don't think it's going to be any of them. If it was Miguel what would he need Dexter to go around killing people for, surely he's just off them himself.

Anton, like people said it would be very very lazy to make Deb's boyfreind turn out to be a serial killer again.

Quinn? Maybe but I hope not, it would push the plot beyond credibility for another homicide detective in the same station to be a serial killer. There would be no way to justify pro detectives who have recently had one of there own turn out to be a serial killer not to put two and two together and check, shift patterns ect for the rest of the team including quinn, who was Dokes replacement, would be silly. Frankly I wouldn't be able to watch the show any more if they tried to dump that on us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement