Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using a Slingbox in Ireland

Options
  • 04-11-2008 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anyone using a Slingbox in Ireland? If so, do you need to purchase it in the UK or Ireland for it to work (as opposed to US)? Will it work with Eircom Broadband? If so, my wireless router is in a different room from my UPC Set Box. Would I need some other device to connect it? Any help is appreciated. Brendan:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

BSeifried wrote: »
    Anyone using a Slingbox in Ireland? If so, do you need to purchase it in the UK or Ireland for it to work (as opposed to US)?

i bought mine on expansys.ie. buying one from the US should be ok but unnecessary i think since they're only €90 there.
    Will it work with Eircom Broadband?
    yes but you might find it a bit jumpy if you don't have a package with a high upload speed. i'm on bt and i think my upload is 384kbps and it's fine but my friend on a lower package says he sometimes has problems
    If so, my wireless router is in a different room from my UPC Set Box. Would I need some other device to connect it?

yes. one way of doing it would be a wireless tv sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BSeifried

Thank you Sam. Do you know the difference between the Slingbox Solo and Pro? Brendan

Advertisement