Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SRAM Rival Compatability?

Options
  • 04-11-2008 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

I think I probably know the answer to this one... No... Would a ultegra cassette be compatable with SRAM Rival groupset?

I am in the market for a new training bike and the Focus (from Wiggle), with SRAM is over 1kg lighter than the similar spec Ultegra build one... The thing is I have a pair of Spinergy wheels from my race bike which I may like to throw on the training bike everynow and then but I dont want to have to always take the cassette on/off if I have to change between SRAM one and Ultegra cassette.

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

snack_ie wrote: »
    Would a ultegra cassette be compatable with SRAM Rival groupset?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

As Tonto says, yes. Only issue would might have would be chain length if they were radically different sizes but not an issue if they are close.

Which bikes are you looking at out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ive been looking at Sram lately and am told a lot of their parts are compatible. I love the concept of their "paddle-shift" TT bar end shifters

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

Advertisement