Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer keeps making a noise

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi...hope someone can help me. My pc once turned on makes a crakling noise from the time I have it on to the time its powered off. Its completely wrecking my head. Its coming from the box and its like something is constantly running a programme or uploading...I dont know! Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sounds like your psu could be on its last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,995 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Crackling from where exactly. The Hard Drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

if its coming from the hard drive area then thats completely normal and the sound of a healthy hard drive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

beg to differ,constant cracking noise is a hdd under pressure or failing , thats if the cracking noise is coming from the hard drive, can you elaborate a bit more op ???

Advertisement