Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportives - Saturday or Sunday?

Options
  • 03-11-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I want to get some imput from you guys about summer sportives rides and whether you prefer Saturday or Sunday rides.

Next years Mount Leinster Challenge was scheduled for Sunday 17th May. However due to another event using the same roads that day we need to change date. Options are Saturday 16th or the following Sunday 24th. The roads would be a little bit busier on the Saturday but not so much to cause any concern. Saturday would also give the option of joining a club tour/recovery ride around the less mountainous parts of Wexford on the Sunday.

I know some of you boards guys rode the event last year ( and scoffed more than your fair share of the food in Kiltealy! ) so I'd welcome your imput. The event attracted 130 riders last year, a lot of which were using the MLC as training for the W200, and we'd like to try and keep the numbers growing.

All comments or suggestions for improving the ride in 2009 welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Personally I like having them on a Saturday, as it means you can get some recovery beers carbs on board afterwards, and a lie in on Sunday, and you don't end up walking around work the next day looking like you've been ridden, not riding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I prefer Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Saturdays, for same reason as Kenmc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

I prefer Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think I would have to vote for Saturday too, was nice to be able to go out for food and beers after the Ring of Kerry, while after the Sean Kelly (a great event BTW) it was straight home. Would plan on doing Mount Leinster next year certainly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

saturdays for me as well. its nice not to have to drive home after

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Didn't do this last year but would be interested in doing it as prep for the W200 in 2009. Anyway, Saturday for me :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

SATURDAY DEFO

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Thanks for replies lads. Seems to be unanimous approval for Saturday here so far!

It's strange because I thought people would go for Sunday by a big margin. Proves the importance of a little market research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Needabike wrote: »
    SATURDAY DEFO
    +1 beers and war stories about how I blazed up the hill that was like the north face of the egier dundrum hill make a day out all the better.

Advertisement