Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marszolf Upright Piano?

Options
  • 03-11-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭

I have found a Marszolf Upright Piano for sale on ebay & was wondering if anyone knows about them. It is about 130 years old & has a G. Pohlmann & Co sound board.

Am thinking of bidding for it but have no idea of its value.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

Hi Bluefoam,

Its all about the cost of transport with the upright pianos.
    any other details ?.... condition , veneer/finish etc .

Im not terribly familiar with the brands , but unless Marszolf is a particularly good name , then the piano is worth surprisingly little. Plenty of foregin workshops adopted german names , due to their piano building reputation.

Ive often seen upright pianos go for less than 100Euro , and seen plenty given away free.
    Many auction rooms wont accept them for sale, due to the cumbersome nature and low value of upright piano.

I hope you get it cheap !! best of luck with your lot :)
    If you love the piano and have room to suit then its probably worth a whole heap more to you , then you will have to pay !

Dont be surprised if you get quoted low-mid hundreds for a carrier , which will be quoted according to brand , distance , 2 man labour , driveway , and which floor you want it delivered to !
    Also , wondering if it might be 130 years old ??? I may be wrong but pianos of that periad were mainly like "spinnets" ?
    Is it anyway possible to get a somebody to look over it professionally ?

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, by the way !!!!

Advertisement