Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car break-ins..

Options
  • 03-11-2008 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one to everyone in Portlaoise.

My car got broken into last week. two weeks ago,my brother in law's did,over the weekend my friend's did and just last night my neighbours did.

From my car alone,They got two ipods,armani glasses,plumbing equipment,cd's,dvd's,cash,everything.

So everyone just take special care to lock up or put your car in your garage if ya have one

-Leah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

cheers leah. seems the junkies are at it again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

yep the feckers.

Last week when they got me, it was the night it had been snowing. I woke up to go to the bathroom at 5am.looked outside to see if it was snowing and everything was normal. By the time I was up at 5.45 the car was broken into.

I was RAGING!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 smokestone

when you reported that your car had been broken into, what was the response of the gardai.

have you heard of any cars been broken into or stolen from the train station recently.

Killenard Development and District Association are in the process of setting up a neighbourhood watch in the area over the next few weeks, they are having there AGM on the 11th November at 8pm in the community centre

smokestone wrote: »
    when you reported that your car had been broken into, what was the response of the gardai.

have you heard of any cars been broken into or stolen from the train station recently.

Killenard Development and District Association are in the process of setting up a neighbourhood watch in the area over the next few weeks, they are having there AGM on the 11th November at 8pm in the community centre

Haven't heard from the train station but i heard houses have been hit in esker hills.

The guards did nothing. rang them twice and they never came up

think we need some kinda neighbourhood watch. any ideas on how i'd go about it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

LeahBaby wrote: »
    think we need some kinda neighbourhood watch. any ideas on how i'd go about it.

Ya won't like this, but contact the Gardai, Your looking for the community officer. I think. Hopefully you'll have better look along this route.

Prevention may be the only key. The kinda of stuff they tell ya is don't leave windows open, don't leave valuables in car. Sorry not much help after the crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

I live in esker hills and last week i seen three scumbags break into my next door neighbours car. I phoned the gardai and told them where the lads were and to pick them up. They came to the house instead and the three lads were long gone.
    Any more info on houses broken into in esker hills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SJ08

I live in the glen, my next door neighbour rang me during the night this week to tel me there were 3 go-boys looking in my car window. I put on our outside light, they didnt care they walked off and looked in the rest of the cars on our road. They then jumped the fence into kilnacourt woods and searched through cars there.
    Its happening in portarlington also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Are there any particular hotspots in Port that you know of SJ?

SJ08 wrote: »
    I live in the glen, my next door neighbour rang me during the night this week to tel me there were 3 go-boys looking in my car window. I put on our outside light, they didnt care they walked off and looked in the rest of the cars on our road. They then jumped the fence into kilnacourt woods and searched through cars there.
    Its happening in portarlington also.
    Are these only young lads?
    Do you think they're travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

sj Ive seen it happening quite a bit too. I have a fair idea from which house the lads are from they are causing alot of problems in kilnacourt breaking trees and stuff. Ive noticed the gaurdds have been about alot the last few nights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SJ08

No curvy vixen just no about the one in the glen.

No leah they weren't travellers, they were all in there 20's.

Undecided I have a fair idea who your talking about, we had trouble on halloween with them but it wasn't them on this occasion my neighbour didn't no them or see them in our estate before or since it happened.

Advertisement