Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...and you thought our lanes were bad

Options
  • 03-11-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

watchforbikes.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Classic!
    They have a load of road signs on the cycletrack for the last week or so on the leopardstown road, from sandyford going to the N11.

Then some clever clogs recently installed another bloody signpost type pole as you come down towards foxrock church, you literally have to keep your elbows in when going through it, i.e. it is 2 posts right beside each other. There are another 2 just before it too, like a fecking slalom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Thats class. In an ideal world we would have this:

bike-lanes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

bike-lanes.jpg

Except that lane would be jammed with cars as we cycled along...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

LOL thats a great photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Where is that velotopia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Fnord

For cyclists with nerves of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It is funny but look at the acres of space they put between the car lane and the bike lane, not bad eh!

@Fnord- I have seen that before and am 99% sure that the bike markers were painted as a joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fnord

blorg: I'll see your 99% and raise you, but I couldn't decide if it was done by a sarcastic cyclist or someone with outright mischief on their mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

watchforbikes.jpg

On a similar vein, I don't know whether to be delighted or furious at the Garda response to my series of complaints about cars breaking the one-way system on Richmond Ave South.

The 'delighted' bit was the Garda motorbiker who was in position this morning and told me he had given out a few tickets already to drivers who had come down the hill against the one-way. The 'annoyed' bit was that he parked his bike motorbike slap bang in the compulsory cycle lane on Milltown Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Not cycling related but as far as sill signs go...........

family_planning1.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement