Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found dog in Midleton, Co Cork

Options
  • 03-11-2008 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hello Everyone, we found a lovely dog yesterday evening, she was wandering in our estate, she is a scotch collie like Lassie. Very friendly and quite elderly, happily laying on a mat in our kitchen right now. She has been well cared for and is very used to kids so I am sure someone will be missing her.....if you know anyone who may be searching for her please ring me or pass on this number 0861937044
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Good on you for looking after her.

Just to let you know a Lassie dog is called a Rough collie, I personnelly never heard of a Scotch collie.

Best to look up Rough collie and if it's the same breed advertise her as rough collie.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Redbilby

Thanks for the clue, she is a rough collie. I have rung around all the local vets, CSPCA, lovely lady at Lost and Found Helpline and put an advert in the Evening Echo pink pages plus posters up around the town and letter dropped my neighbouring street and estate - is there anything else I can do? She is a lovely old girl and when the Pound told me they would pick her up but if not claimed within 5 days would put her to sleep....I just shuddered.....hopefully I will hear from her owners soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Have you had her scanned for a microchip? Any vet can do this.

Have you had her scanned for a microchip? Any vet can do this.

On the way today to do this, still no word from any other agencies though and she is so sad, even if my kids are filling her day with biscuit treats.

Any luck ?

Will be at my own vets later and will get the no. of the top breeder here in Ireland, he couldn't help with the one I tuck in but maybe he can help locate the owner of the one you have, he knows just about every one who has one and might be able to help, worth a try any way.

• Advertisement

Any luck ?

Will be at my own vets later and will get the no. of the top breeder here in Ireland, he couldn't help with the one I tuck in but maybe he can help locate the owner of the one you have, he knows just about every one who has one and might be able to help, worth a try any way.

Thanks for your help everyone, she wasnt chipped but I did find the owners through the posters I plastered the town with. I do wish owners would chip their dogs - and wear a collar. Alls well that ends well.

I'm so glad to hear that, I had a feeling She had an owner.

I just hope they realise how hard it was for you to locate them and at least put on a collar.

Well done you. :D

Advertisement