Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending my drinking money

Options
  • 02-11-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

So I have decided to give up drink for the month and with the saved cash I am gonna try and make as much money as possible gambling it :D
    Would usually spend €100 on drink every week and €100 gambling, so have €200 to use. Will keep everything updated in this thread.

Tried my luck today with a €50 treble of anderlecht, lyon and real madrid...real ****ed up last 20minutes and drew, cost me €200!
    Ah well

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Surely you'll be up €800 if you just don't gamble then?

I would personally put €400 on red or black in roulette. If it wins switch to the other colour. If it loses stick with the color your picked.

Either way after 2 spins quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Random wrote: »

Banned for reverence

Awesome idea. TBH, if I was betting that much i'd stay as far away as possible from trebles.

Also, no offense, but if you regularly spend (AKA lose) 100 euro a week gambling you might wanna heed some of the tips from the thread

If you lose €100 a week gambling and have budgeted for it then you're doing something wrong full stop I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

No i usually do quite well although it was a bad weekend. will focus on soccer and rugby. Considering a double of villa and birmingham tomorrow. And sure if i lose it all i lose it all, its better than drinking it and getting a bad liver :pac:

If you lose €100 a week gambling and have budgeted for it then you're doing something wrong full stop I reckon.

I think I am up a fair bit over the last 3months so my budget is fine, if i was constantly losing I might reconsider but i have not refilled my account for pp in a good while

• Advertisement

d-gal wrote: »
    I think I am up a fair bit over the last 3months so my budget is fine, if i was constantly losing I might reconsider but i have not refilled my account for pp in a good while
    Fair enough so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

I would personally put €400 on red or black in roulette. If it wins switch to the other colour. If it loses stick with the color your picked.

So you potentialy lose €800 in 48 seconds rather then get a months gambling out of it ! I've heard better plans.

P.s. the roulette ball has no spin memory, if black comes once you've equal odds that it will come on the second spin, no point in switching.

i'm aware that one spin really doesn't affect the other so there's no reason to switch, but there's also no reason not to switch. Just what i would do.

Yes, you'd lose more in 8 seconds but feck it, why not have a flutter every now and again?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,294 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Cherrypicker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

i'm aware that one spin really doesn't affect the other so there's no reason to switch, but there's also no reason not to switch. Just what i would do.

Yes, you'd lose more in 8 seconds but feck it, why not have a flutter every now and again?

Whats life without a little risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Cherrypicker?

He's not saying the odds increase it's just what he'd do as a thought process.

I'd like to echo someone above and say to the OP if you're doing 50euro bets it's better going for well selected singles than trebles of popular teams.

Also i take it you shop around for prices? Obviously the bigger the bet the more obvious the need to get the best price you can to get maximum value.

Ya i shop around, I know what you are saying about singles but if I did a single it would of probably have been real. have a few small bets on tonight so will see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So did u do birmingham and villa?

Horgan wrote: »
    So did u do birmingham and villa?

I'd say most the money went on them two tonight, especially Birmingham. The bookies be happy at present.

Ya unfortunately, its been a funny weekend, lot of surprising results.

Will hopefully make it better with a few bets tomorrow in the CL

Why didn't you let us know you did them? If i don't back a game myself the next best thing is rooting for a team to win for someone else. Being a neutral spectator isn't for me you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd say most the money went on them two tonight, especially Birmingham. The bookies be happy at present.

i feel sick:( whats with the bottom of the leagues fighting back? they're losing me a fortune..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

i feel sick:( whats with the bottom of the leagues fighting back? they're losing me a fortune..

Don't worry you'll win it all back on Utd tonight! ;)

So making €20 worth of bets tonight...
    In the CL tonight i have inter, barce, liverpool, psv, werder and chelsea, mix'n'match
    Have scunthorpe, tranmere and shrewsbury in a treble
    Finally Linfield, Coleraine and Glentoran, treble as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

paddy power has a special 13/2 pool chelsea and inter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

christeb wrote: »
    Don't worry you'll win it all back on Utd tonight! ;)
    thats tomorrow

WTF is up with the CL? Luckily I had only 20euro.

Better news is that 1 of my trebles came thru and when werder were losing 2-0 i lumped 80sumtn € on the others at 1/25, also bet on marseille (8/15) to stay 3-0.

So I say I am the only guy tonight to come out with a profit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Glad I wasn't on of that tripe this evening....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

WTF is up with the CL? Luckily I had only 20euro.

Better news is that 1 of my trebles came thru and when werder were losing 2-0 i lumped 80sumtn € on the others at 1/25, also bet on marseille (8/15) to stay 3-0.

So I say I am the only guy tonight to come out with a profit :pac:

Textbook after-timing.

so here it goes for today.
    Picking Juventus, Bayern, Lyon, Porto, Zenit, Man U, Arsenal, Villareal.
    €1 accum = €449.50 :p
    Porto, Bayern, Juve = 50/1
    Lyon, Man U, Arsenal, villareal = 9/2
    Juve = 5/1
    Man U -1 = 9/5
    Arsenal -2 = 11/5
    Villareal -1 = 5/4

Shoulde be fun :)

You ever not back the English teams?

Good luck tonight.

I do it is just I fancy both of them tonight and english clubs are quite dominant nowadays considering the last few years

so here it goes for today.
    Picking Juventus, Bayern, Lyon, Porto, Zenit, Man U, Arsenal, Villareal.
    €1 accum = €449.50 :p
    Porto, Bayern, Juve = 50/1
    Lyon, Man U, Arsenal, villareal = 9/2
    Juve = 5/1
    Man U -1 = 9/5
    Arsenal -2 = 11/5
    Villareal -1 = 5/4

Shoulde be fun :)

Thank god for Juve, so close with my treble, 2wins/1draw, ah well

Things are looking better now, backed aston villa to win at 19/10, handy.
    Treble with the english teams aswell

Sorry for late post, had zero time today, work is a bitch but hey money is money :pac:

• Advertisement

Have backed Galway United (must win for them), leeds -1 and fc koln

Advertisement