Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Lusk Village!!!

Options
  • 02-11-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi, I have been looking at buying a house in the Lusk Village development! I have viewed quite a few of the properties and quite like one or two of them! What puzzles me is why is there so many houses for sale in this development considering its relatively new? Is there some thing Im missing or not being told about the houses or the area? I've read about the proposed dump? Any advice or help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The area is awash with new developments and it's basically a commuter town. Not realy many large employers in the immediate area.

Rush, Lusk and Balbriggan up the road have seen thousands and thousands of new houses and apartments in the last few years.
    So of course the newer developments won't be full, the days of people queing for new developments are over.

I don't think it's a sign the Lusk development is dodgy. But it's just that it's probably considered overvalued and also there is loads of choice in that area.
    www.daft.ie shows 73 homes for sale in Lusk, that's a lot!

Your post needs a few more exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shifon9

The houses i have been looking at are second hand not new. Im not suggesting there is something dodgy just why so many are for sale in the Lusk Village development.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Second hand homes just means "investments" - ie people bought second homes to let, and are getting the hell out of dodge city now that the value of their investment is plummeting.

Tis what ye get when you buy apartments/"starter homes" in villages in (effectively) the middle of nowhere. Bettystown's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lusk wouldn't have been a great location for renting, even mroe so now because its a good hiek to the train station and that much further out than so may other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

All the surrounding commuter towns are the same, lots of housing that was built in the boom that has either been put up for sale and/or made available to rent.

I know a couple who had a 2bed hse in Lusk. They were fed up of the commute, moved back to the southside and are presently renting while waiting to buy again when the time is right.

OP, shop around and haggle hard if you really really really want to buy now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement