Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training advice

Options
  • 02-11-2008 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Do a lot of cycling as cross-training. At this time of year need it during the winter evenings to build up endurance.

Does anyone have advice as regards interval programs that you use to build endurance and CV fitness (other than LSD). At the moment am doing 90 mins on a fixed wheel and find it fantastic, but a bit boring every night.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amjon

Ryder wrote: »
    Do a lot of cycling as cross-training. At this time of year need it during the winter evenings to build up endurance.

Does anyone have advice as regards interval programs that you use to build endurance and CV fitness (other than LSD). At the moment am doing 90 mins on a fixed wheel and find it fantastic, but a bit boring every night.

Thanks.

When I'm on the bike I like to go flat out the whole time,it's good fun but if you do more than 3 or 4 sessions a week you will just get ill doing this.First buy a hrm.Try doing 30 min at 80%max hr then 20 min at 65% and then repeat.Also you could throw in a few short intervals into your training,like 4 or 5 min bursts.I've only switched over from rowing to cycling so am not sure on the more intricate techniques and methodologies to cycling training but I'm sure the old adage "Miles make champions" is as applicable to cycling as it is to any endurance sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Are you riding on your own? Get some training-partners if you can - it'll help relieve the boredom.

Advertisement