Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Home In Derry... Help finding version?..

Options
  • 02-11-2008 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Hey there, I appreciate Irish music 100% but am not really into it, if ya get me lol.
    Anyways I remember hearing the song Back Home in Derry, written by Bobby Sands, or so I read. I heard a version where there was an electric guitar and the part where the singer goes "Oh oh oh oh (wish I was...)*... its done on the guitar.

I can't for the life of me find out what group did this. I haven't actually heard this version in years neither.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

Not a 100% sure but it could be Declan Sinnot. He played with Christy live in the point. He's brill on the electric guitar.

And yes it was wrote by Bobby Sands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Thanks for the reply man.
    I'm listening to it... Sinnot can make that guitar sing, even though it might seem he doesnt do much.
    Doesnt quite sound like the version Im looking for, but again, the link you provided was a live version. I'll try get a studio version of the two of them together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Ooops, I'm sorry lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99rOzMVtcx4

Edmund Fitzgerald song.

Thats it, same melody but... its the one I was looking for.

I can sleep now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

That's not back home in Derry.

Happy you found it though...

Advertisement