Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tues, 4th Nov @21:00 in Newpark - Oak Tree Press V Boardeaux.

Options
  • 02-11-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

ok lads, after a week off, its back to business. this is a must win game, we need to go on a run now of 4 or 5 wins. these lads seem to be very adventurous, they drew 4-4 with glenwood and 3-3 the last night, so they are not bad team and , going on the basis that we lost glenwood, they will fancy beating us. so we need to up the pace and get stuck in. dont think we have been doing that.

GK -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defenders -

Martin -
    Ed - YES
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Simon -
    Keith -
    Cathal -
    Mick McEvilly -

Midfielders -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Robbie -
    Peader -
    Dave -

Forwards -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Karl -

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

GK -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defenders -

Martin -
    Ed - YES
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Simon -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Mick McEvilly -

Midfielders -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Robbie -
    Peader -
    Dave -

Forwards -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Karl -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 sockdolage

GK -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defenders -

Martin -
    Ed - YES
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Simon -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Mick McEvilly -

Midfielders -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark - YES
    Robbie -
    Peader - YES
    Dave -

Forwards -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Karl -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

GK -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defenders -

Martin - YES
    Ed - YES
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Simon -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Mick McEvilly -

Midfielders -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark - YES
    Robbie -
    Peader - YES
    Dave -

Forwards -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Karl -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

GK -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defenders -

Martin - YES
    Ed - YES
    Dan -
    Michael - YES
    Simon -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Mick McEvilly -

Midfielders -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark - YES
    Robbie -
    Peader - YES
    Dave -

Forwards -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Karl -

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ciaran is in, art, dan and mick should be sound also. i will see what derek is at, he maybe still away with work.
    looking to have a strong team already. we really need to 3 points here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

emc2 wrote: »
    GK -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defenders -

Martin - YES
    Ed - YES
    Dan -
    Michael - YES
    Simon -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Mick McEvilly -

Midfielders -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark - YES
    Robbie -
    Peader - YES
    Dave -

Forwards -

Art -
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran - YES
    Karl -

Ed I'm looking for a lift. If there's one going will I meet you at the house because usual spot is not on the way to Blackrock?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'll be there on the sidelines as ever. How do you get there though?

ive never been there myself daryll...so, dont know. can anybody offer a lift - peter????

eddie, ya, pop down to the house. will suss out tomorrow, but assume we will leave house about 8.10 at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Wont make it to this one. Ed, you do know ive withdrawn from the team and will only make it to the matches to watch, and on an irregular basis at that....

dfx- wrote: »
    I'll be there on the sidelines as ever. How do you get there though?

It's near Seapoint Dart Station. As in it looks near it on the map. The actual pitch is on Newtownpark Avenue. I'll be coming from the train station anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Directions......... coming from the N11, turn onto Newtownpark Avenue (the opposite road brings you into sandyford up the Leopardstown Rd)

continue down Newtown park avenue, go passed TGI Fridays, Go past the Petrol Station, the road bends to the right and the entrance is on the right at the centre of the bend. If you get to the church/spar you've missed it.

Coming from the dart station will be a bit of a walk,

Those coming from town could get the number 7 bus would leave you about a 10 min walk away.

I can pick someone up from tallaght/knocklyon/templeogue area if you need a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

I will also be there. May be there a few mins after half 8 though cos I've a college presentation that might not end until 8.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Looks like the 4a goes to Stradbrook Road, so that seems the nearest walk to it.

is des going to update on the no posters?

GK -

Daryl - YES
    Clayton -

Defenders -

Martin - YES
    Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael - YES

Simon -
    Keith - YES
    Cathal -
    Mick McEvilly - YES

Midfielders -

Lepo -
    Larry - YES
    Derek - NO (AWAY)
    Gav -
    Mark - YES
    Peader - YES
    Dave - YES

Gar -

Forwards -

Art - YES
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran - YES

Karl -

EDIT - Mark and peader are looking for drive from knocklyon or else they cant make it.................

EDIT - Mark and peader are looking for drive from knocklyon or else they cant make it.................

I can take 1, who's the most valuable to the team :eek:

I can take 1, who's the most valuable to the team :eek:

lol

just in case, (im trying to get ciaran to pick them up, but if not), can you text me your number now please? ill pass on to mark then.....i didnt save your number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

GK -

Daryl - YES
    Clayton - YES

Defenders -

Martin - YES
    Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael - YES

Simon -
    Keith - YES
    Cathal -
    Mick McEvilly - YES

Midfielders -

Lepo -
    Larry - YES
    Derek - NO (AWAY)
    Gav - No (away)
    Mark - YES
    Peader - YES
    Dave - YES
    Gar - Yes

Forwards -

Art - YES
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran - YES
    Karl - Yes

decent team tonight.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Sorry, haven't been online. I'll be there.

1-0 win, job done, not our best performance, but who cares, 3 points is 3 points. owned the first half, they didnt get the ball near our goal, but we missed alot of chances. got early goal second half and it looked like it was the worst thing that we could have done, as we slipped for 15 minutes and they dominated. clayton pulled off a save and mick off the line but after that, we got back into it a we should have hit them for at least 3 goals.

positives are another clean sheet and thats only 3 goals conceded in first 4 games. we finally seem to be able to defend and this is a solid base that we have lacked. also, we created plenty of chances.

negatives are , we seemed to loose control of the middle, albeit for only 10-15 mins. also, we have only scored once in 3 games. however, we are creating loads of them and soon, im sure we are going to absolutely batter a team. we just need to get confidence in front of goal.

anyway, job done, no need to dwell on what we didnt do right.

goal scored by Ciaran, great team move and a great finish.

• Advertisement

Fairly rubbish performance in second half. Win is win and all that. About all I say on that one tbh.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Fairly rubbish performance in second half. Win is win and all that. About all I say on that one tbh.

Yeah once we got the goal I think a good spanking for the other team was what we thought was going to happen, luckily for us they didn't have any clear chances just a couple of goal mouth scrambles. They pushed forward once we got the goal but so did our midfield so it left us exposed but they were like toothless tigers.

3 points in the bag and a not very good performance, bar a battling Larry I thought.

Much tougher tests to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

It was an ok performance last night, We were a little frantic on the ball at times lastnight. There were stages when we needed to take a minute on the ball, get our heads up and look for a free man in space but we seemed to be too keen to just get rid of the ball.

Good to keep a clean sheet and create lots of chances.

i think we need just one player in the middle to make a massive difference there. last night we had 5 different players in there, 3 of those playing out of position. i though however ciaran was v good in there in the first half and him and mark worked well together. however, we need him closer to goal and it was a good move by des and mike to put him up there.

we died there in the 2nd half and they over ran us, not the fault of anybody. however, they bunched like f*cks, they had 3 or 4 excellent players, but it was hard to pick them out, as they had no width, they just played everything through the middle and very narrow. at times, it was 4 on 4 when they attacked and keith and mick basically had to play as center halves in the 2nd half.

Derek is back next week and then away the following 2 weeks. however, of the remaining 14 games, he should make up to 10 of those. that should help us solidly in the middle and release players back to their best positions,

I reckon Dan could do a job in the middle for us tbh.How fit is Derek? We need someone fit and tenacious a la Dan in there to compliment Mark's ability on the ball.

that would be robbing peter to pay paul martin. our defence is solid and myself and dan work well together. we tend not to condede goals when the 2 of us are in there, but we struggle when either is missing. add in yourself, keith, mike (2), lepo, catal, simon and we have great options in defence now.

moving anybody out of defence now, is not an option in my opinion :).

Simon has quit.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Simon has quit.

Hasn't told me that.

that would be robbing peter to pay paul martin. our defence is solid and myself and dan work well together. we tend not to condede goals when the 2 of us are in there, but we struggle when either is missing. add in yourself, keith, mike (2), lepo, catal, simon and we have great options in defence now.

moving anybody out of defence now, is not an option in my opinion :).

I would agree with Ed on this, I think when the 2 of them are playing and Mark in the CM we have a good spine to work from, There are other options there for CB but I think this is the best option. But in saying that and I'm sure Des would agree if Ed/Dan were not performing they'd be bench warming while one of the other options was given a chance. Same for RB & LB and every other position.

We will have a tough game next week and it should give us a serious test and if we are to win we'll need to step up a level at every position on the pitch from this weeks game.

On a side note, what is the new Wesley pitch like? Is it the same surface as the original one?

• Advertisement

Be nice if team picking wasn't discussed here, thanks

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement