Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poker tracker or hold'em manager?

Options
  • 02-11-2008 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

going to get one of these. anyone an advocate of getting neither and if so why? and who prefers which one and for what reason.

ty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

I haven't tried PT3 as the reports from it were that it was fairly buggy, although this was a while ago. Holdem manager is excellent, a big step up from PT2

Have a read of this for comparisons
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/pokertracker-3-vs-holdem-manager-112321/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Holdem manager. It does everything you'll ever need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

How much space do these take up? How large does the database get if you log 1000's of hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Mine is 6GB and I have a good few mined hands (not sure how to find out how many, but I have 18000 recorded players, and over 100k hands on some players). Some reports take a while to load but fast enough. If it's only your own hands size won't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

HM for me and it's not even close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

I'm using HM right now and its great.

Pity my poker is crap though! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

seems like HM is the way forward. thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

deucescracked have a 30% off hem offer which essentially means you get free dc membership for a month if you get it through there.

disaster!! have bought holdem manager. have downloaded the software and am working through the step by step guide to get it set up.

step 1 - done
    step 2 - done
    step 3 - "load holdem manager and do x" ERROR MESSAGE!!! you cannot run holdem manager. consult with holdem manager website, they talk about installing "postgresql-8.3.msi" so i download that, ERROR MESSAGE!!! "this installation package could not be opened, verify that the package exists and that yuou can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package"

ugh... attempt number 4 after work! :( x 10

click the holdem manager icon and... "An error occured while loading the Prefs file: Could not find part of the path "C:/program files/rvg software/holdem manager/config/prefs"

sigh!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

the postgres is an msi file. You have to run the set up file.
    Download from here: http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp?file=%2Fbinary%2Fv8.3.4%2Fwin32%2Fpostgresql-8.3.4-1.zip

PS - uninstall any other version of postgres you have first

ty newbie!

learn by doing! :) i wont be back at my home pc for a few hours. So i find the current postgres file and unistall that, then install from the link you've posted?

thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Hey sorry to bump an old thread,
    but can someone check if they can download hold em manager, the flash site is acting up for me only allowing me to click on certian things.

I can get to the download page but when I click to download anything on the page it wont work for me.

Thanks.

Have you got HM open when you're trying to download?

Nope don't have it installed on my computer at all, I don't even get a popup with the option to download it, just wondering if it is a problem with the site or just with my side of things
    http://www.holdemmanager.net/

thanks again.

I just had a look and was able to download the update? Have you maximised the website? It is a bit 'flashy' for my liking. You have to maximise it then goto downloads - which you probably done.

Yea tried that, will give it a go in internet explorer now, and yea it seems like they are trying to be cool kids or something, the sound whenever you go over anything is quite annoying.

Yep worked in ie. Thanks for checking anyway newbie2.

capturecd6.th.jpg
    you're clicking on this and gtting nothing?

EDIT: good man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 erica1985

Its great that you can use both for free, Im still in the trial version for Poker Tracker 3, I have time to decide if I need to buy one of these.

I used PT3 for the full 40 days trial or whatever and decided to go for HM. I used the 14 day trial and decided to go for it. A lot more stable IMO. Slightly more in depth too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Is holdem manager worthwhile if playing sit and gos?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

would like to use HM, but it doesn't seem to work for many sites. bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

What about the Omaha version.

Is this any good?

Advertisement