Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a limit to how many Master degrees one can apply for?

Options
  • 02-11-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Just wondering is there a limit to how many Master degrees one can apply for at any given time? For example there are two different Master's degrees I'm interested in applying for in the next couple of years (one in St. Pat's and one in Trinity) but I was wondering is it like the CAO where you can only apply for ten different courses? Obviously I know I can only do one at a time but I want to keep my options open and apply for a few so I can have a better chance at getting one of them. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

No, no limit... applications are dealt with by the individual university/department that you apply to, not centrally like the CAO, so you're the only one who will even know how many you've applied for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Except for courses where you have to apply via PAC (http://www.pac.ie) - a fair few in Ireland at this stage (including masters at Trinity). Then it's something like five courses per institution that you're allowed apply for, but that's still plenty...

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Yup here in DCU we use PAC and its very normal for ppl to apply for 3 or 4 similar taught MSc's. Its actually a good idea if there is more than one course you like.... hedge your options

Advertisement