Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear smash pictures released

Options
  • 02-11-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭

_45166321_d27a6875-5da6-4602-b94d-6dff2aa19ce4.jpg

Dramatic pictures of Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson deliberately smashing a truck into a wall have been released.

A Top Gear spokeswoman said the star was "quite badly injured" in the stunt, staged, she said, to "see how difficult it was to be a truck driver".

Mr Clarkson has said he emerged from the accident "in screaming agony", with bruises to his leg, back and finger, but has since made a good recovery.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7704928.stm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ah jasus christ:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

they managed to cut out the screaming agony part, you could see easily that he hurt his head though!

I love the way he got injured twice!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The brick wall was definatley the worst of the crashes as far as bit's flying everywhere is concerned. I didn't notice if the water cooler bottles were actually full of water or not though, I suspect not as if they were that should have been the hardest impact as the wall and portacabin were actually pretty flimsy, just lots of potential for flying stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

wow!and he gets paid for that,what a cool job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm rather suprised they've been getting away with so much, the beeb tends to be obsessed with health and safty ever since the death of a chap on Noel Edmonds Late Late Breakfast Show 20 years back.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

clarkson grabed his heart an all! so funny it was:D
    I was delighted for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Anyone getting the feeling that the BBC are trying to kill Jezza?

This is the third time he's gotten injured, and by the looks of the promo they showed us on Sunday night, he's going to have another fall on a bike, (or was that James)....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Link to vid?
    mike65 wrote: »
    I'm rather suprised they've been getting away with so much, the beeb tends to be obsessed with health and safty ever since the death of a chap on Noel Edmonds Late Late Breakfast Show 20 years back.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Err, it was well before the era of youtube or when mobile phones with video cameras (actually, even just mobile phones!) were as widespread as they are today. But believe it or not, stuff did actually happen then :)

For what it's worth, here's the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late,_Late_Breakfast_Show

I'm sure there's some footage in the BBC's archives of it, but I'd say they'll never see the light of day.

I did find this on youtube, mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdakKgmYH7I (BBC continuity announcement about the cancelling of the LLBS ).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

robinph wrote: »
    I didn't notice if the water cooler bottles were actually full of water or not though, I suspect not as if they were that should have been the hardest impact as the wall and portacabin were actually pretty flimsy, just lots of potential for flying stuff.

They were actually. I was surprised as I also thought it would be a heavier impact. Then again, maybe the ones in the middle weren't full.

• Advertisement
Advertisement