Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me!! Terrible mess!!

Options
  • 01-11-2008 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Self taught and was getting there ok untill..............Hit the unknown gremlins.

Comp keeps crashing:
    a) When I click on internet the Hotmail page comes up followed by Microsoft warning = Error We have to close =send report / Dont send report? then crashes.
    I can sometimes outwit this by quickly clicking a site from my favourites menu. How can I overcome this.

Repeated pop ups tell me updates are ready. Used to ignore until recently.
    Then informed to delete some systems inc acrobat Flash player. Now this keeps poping up between each click of the mouse.

Other comp is so slow it takes 10 minutes to access any site inc email.

How do I set up an email account with outlook express on this com In small idiot style steps please
    Please help any advice is gratefully accepted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

What version of Windows and Internet Explorer (IE) are you using?

If you're wondering about setting up your Hotmail e-mail on Outlook Express, I'm not entirely sure it's possible anymore with new(ish) accounts, I think there were changes made recently (but I may be wrong). It may have something to do with whats written here:

http://ask-leo.com/can_i_use_outlook_express_or_outlook_to_access_my_hotmail_account.html

Errors could be due to your versions of Windows and IE. Installing Opera or Firefox (alternatives to IE) might be a temporary measure for accessing your mail, but eventually you will either have to make sure you get the updates (SP3 for XP for example) or do a fresh install and update immediately.

If Hotmail is set to open first in IE when you open it, you can change this by right-clicking the IE icon, select properties, and then in the "General" tab, at the top where it says Home Page, delete the link to hotmail, or click the button underneath that says "Use blank". You might then be able to go to the Microsoft website and update your PC through IE.

Advertisement