Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon AF-S 80-200 f2.8 - price?

Options
  • 01-11-2008 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

First of all let me point out that I'm not a photographer (I can barely manage a camphone!) so if I'm not making myself clear, or if I'm getting my wires crossed, do let me know!

I'm trying to replace a lens for a chap I work with (I damaged it, long story!). It's a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-200MM F/2.8D ED Lens; fairly hefty. I found a few used pieces on classified sites and eBay, averaging €700-€800 but I wanted to see if that price is reasonable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bothered about replacing it, but I don't want to fork over any more cash than is strictly necessary.

So, is €800 too much or is it the sweet-spot? Any other tips you might have?

Ta!

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

800 is around the norm yeah,nat a bad deal at all really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 djhj

Thanks irishcrazyhorse!

The item I'm looking at now (I've narrowed down the list a bit) is €759, but it's just the lens, a big cylindrical padded carry-case, a hood(?) and caps for either end of the lens. Does that sound normal (given that it's second-hand) or should there be more in the package?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I could be wrong or missing something but No, that usually all you get with a lens

Advertisement