Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - Sun 2nd Nov - Spend €99 get Diesel and Petrol 99c/litre

Options
  • 01-11-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow 20 Tesco garages are offering Diesel and Petrol at 99c/litre if you spend €99 in store. I don't know which stores are offering it :(

"Tesco Ireland cut its prices yesterday for the third time this week to 109.9c a litre for both petrol and diesel from 116.9c a litre last week.

And the supermarket giant could spark a mini price war when it drops its prices for both petrol and diesel to 99.9c a litre tomorrow as part of a special promotion.

But it comes with a catch.

The special offer -- bringing prices below the €1 a litre mark for the first time in more than a year -- only applies to those customers who spend €99 at Tesco each time they fill up. The offer -- expected to run for at least a week -- also only applies at 20 selected Tesco outlets nationwide.

Tesco Ireland spokesman Seamus Banim last night said the company is unlikely to slash its prices to 99c a litre across the board."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/its-still-too-dear-but-petrol-price-war-on-the-cards-1516102.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's pretty good, would save me over €10 on a full tank!

Can anyone tell me how this works? Nearest Tesco to me is Dundrum, unfortunately I can't fit into the carpark so would have to park somewhere else, go to tesco, buy crap, go back to van and then to fill up. But how do the folk at the pumps know to charge only €0.99? Do you show them your receipt when paying and they discount you? Is it put back on your card? Do you have to show them your receipt before you fill up? Do you use a clubcard instead of receipt? Do you need to show them clubcard before/after filling up? :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cormie wrote: »
    That's pretty good, would save me over €10 on a full tank!

Can anyone tell me how this works? Nearest Tesco to me is Dundrum, unfortunately I can't fit into the carpark so would have to park somewhere else, go to tesco, buy crap, go back to van and then to fill up. But how do the folk at the pumps know to charge only €0.99? Do you show them your receipt when paying and they discount you? Is it put back on your card? Do you have to show them your receipt before you fill up? Do you use a clubcard instead of receipt? Do you need to show them clubcard before/after filling up? :o

When you spend €99 or more in-store the till prints a separate receipt which you hand in at the pumps to get the reduced rate. Normally the offer is 5cent off a litre when spending €50. I dont think the clubcard is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I reckon it'll be printed on your receipt, thats how they used to do it with the 5c off offers they had before. Phone up before you go as the offer is only available in 20 Tescos nationwide. LOL if you go to all the trouble you mentioned above only for them to tell you the offer isn't available in Dundrum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah my tank is full at the mo and would only do it if I was in the area;) have seen the 5c off for €50 spent, guessing you can't get 10c off for buying two loads of shopping at €50 each?

Will be good to know if I'm near one anyway, thanks :)

Advertisement