Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technics repair/ service?

Options
  • 31-10-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Has anyone ever got their turntables serviced or repaired in dublin?
    My pitch faders probably need replacing. There's too much change in too small an area and then recently the on/ off switch on the deck broke.
    I think Sounds Around do repairs but it's probably well expensive.
    Has anybody tried to replace the pitch fader themselves?
    I have two 1200 MK2's. Both in need of work!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

Dont know who services them or repairs them but theres some good info here
    http://www.technicsdjuk.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Yep, I got mine serviced in Aquarius in Cellbridge awhile back, good service and got gold plated phono cables attached too. (http://www.aquariussound.ie)

Replacing pitch faders is very tough, you've got to take the top and bottom off the deck which you can't really do all at once as its hard to balance. You'll also have to have a multimeter to tune the pots on the pitch to get it working correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

thanks for the responses. i'll get in touch with aquarius.
    i don't think you need to take off the top when replacing the pitch fader. i think it can be done from the bottom. i could be wrong though.
    i attempted to fix the problem before with a multimeter and the blue pot but it didn't solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

With Jevan on this one, out to Celbridge with ya, he did my 1210s and DJM600 there a couple of weeks ago, great job done!

i gave aquarius a ring yesterday. €120 to replace the pitch faders on two decks.
    sounds around quoted me €178 for the same job.
    that's a big difference. unfortunately i don't have a car so hopefully one of my mates is up for a wee trip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Micro Electonics up around Baggot street, think its Herbert place.

been a few years since i got mine repaired there, On/off switch bust.

check them out .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I searched on e-bay and bought new sliders. I took out the old pcb board and sent them to the guy and he soldered in the new sliders and sent them back to me then i fit them back in cost around €40 i think and very easy to do!

I searched on e-bay and bought new sliders. I took out the old pcb board and sent them to the guy and he soldered in the new sliders and sent them back to me then i fit them back in cost around €40 i think and very easy to do!

if that cost €40 it's probably worth going to aquarius to do the whole job for an extra €20. funnily enough, since i posted this thread i've lost the audio in the left channel on the deck that has no on/off switch. i think it's time to get that thing serviced professionally. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

following your last comment maybe it is best to get them serviced but it cost me €35 total just to purchase the 2 sliders and the guy i bought them from soldered them free of charge.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/TECHNICS-PITCH-SLIDER-1200-1210-MK2-GENUINE-NEW-PART_W0QQitemZ300269205192QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300269205192&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Any one got an idea where I can get some 1200s fixed in Dublin city centre? Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 GregSlates

dohboy
    Aquarius are definitely the ones to visit to repair the 1210s, best fix and cheapest, I think you can get them delivered to them if you cant drive out, its about 15 - 20 min from city centre, give them a call, 01 624 3777

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GregSlates

dohboy wrote: »
    Any one got an idea where I can get some 1200s fixed in Dublin city centre? Ta.

And they're open Sat 01 624 3777

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

GregSlates wrote: »
    And they're open Sat 01 624 3777

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

GregSlates wrote: »
    dohboy
    Aquarius are definitely the ones to visit to repair the 1210s, best fix and cheapest, I think you can get them delivered to them if you cant drive out, its about 15 - 20 min from city centre, give them a call, 01 624 3777

Cheers fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Now that Aquarius are gone, where is best in North/west Dublin to get my 1210's serviced?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grahamteeling

analogicsynthrepairs@gmail.com

offer a repair service in Greystones Co Wicklow

email me and check out my instagram!!

Advertisement