Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight (2 Disc Blu-Ray) - €19 delivered [TheHut.com]

Options
  • 31-10-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭

I've already mentioned this in the PS3 - 299 , XBOX360 PREMIUM - 179.99 , Wii - 202.46 in TESCO thread, but lfcefc suggested I put it up as a standalone bargain alert so here ya go:

114113-large.jpg
    Buy it here!
    The follow-up to the action hit "Batman Begins," "The Dark Knight" reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in his continuing war on crime.

With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as the Joker, who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces the Dark Knight ever closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante.

Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger ("Brokeback Mountain") stars as arch-villain The Joker, and Aaron Eckhart plays District Attorney Harvey Dent. Maggie Gyllenhaal joins the cast in the role of Rachel Dawes. Returning from "Batman Begins" are Gary Oldman as Lieutenant Jim Gordon; Oscar winner Michael Caine ("The Cider House Rules") as Alfred; and Oscar winner Morgan Freeman ("Million Dollar Baby") as Lucius Fox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

€20.43 delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Ordered - €20.43 delivered, not €19.

Bought Wall-E too ..that's xmas sorted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tw0nk wrote: »
    €20.43 delivered?
    Eh?!

EDIT: Ahhhh.. I get it. Ye paid in euro.... ye should have just paid in sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

basquille, do they definitely use better conversion rate when ordering in sterling?

basquille, do they definitely use better conversion rate when ordering in sterling?
    I'm not sure.. I don't think I've ordered from them before but it'd work out than cheaper than paying in Euro I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Crap film, don't bother ;)

Dave banned from BA for bad taste.........

... what do you mean I need a valid reason to ban him? Fine, I'll amend it to the charter! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Amazon.co.uk have it marked for the exact same price (£14.95), but when you go to the checkout they add on V.A.T. or shipping or something and it goes to over €22 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

When you pay in sterling the conversion rate is done by your credit card/bank, always a better rate than the site uses. As we all know play.com use some bizarre high rate and won't let you pay in sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Yep, just ordered this and paid in sterling, approx €19 :)

Thanks basquille

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah I ordered this for €16.90 delivered on the Hut two weeks ago when they had their 10% sale, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

do they charge you instantly or do they charge when its been dispatched in december?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What region is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

kearnsr wrote: »
    What region is it?

Region B - that includes all Europe, so it's fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Region_codes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

BArra wrote: »
    do they charge you instantly or do they charge when its been dispatched in december?

anyone confirm?

BArra wrote: »
    anyone confirm?
    On dispatch I'd imagine..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Moon54 wrote: »
    Region B - that includes all Europe, so it's fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Region_codes

In the long term if your gona be buying on the net mainly what region is the best to go for? Or can you region unlock your blu-ray? (I'm using a pc to view blu-ray)

Just found http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/05/09/reset-cyberlink-powerdvd-blu-ray-region-code-to-free-locking/ which might help

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

gonna buy this as a xmas present .wot are delivery times like would it defo be here before 21/22 of december?

yabadabado wrote: »
    gonna buy this as a xmas present .wot are delivery times like would it defo be here before 21/22 of december?
    Yeah.. it'd typically be a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

When checking out it said your card will be charged post-dispatch (usually 2 days afterwards).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Bought it as well with batman begins , also saw the goonies for 12.93 i think. Childhood memory's :D

Sarge wrote: »
    Bought it as well with batman begins , also saw the goonies for 12.74 i think. Childhood memory's :D

both on bluray? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

kearnsr wrote: »
    In the long term if your gona be buying on the net mainly what region is the best to go for? Or can you region unlock your blu-ray? (I'm using a pc to view blu-ray)

Just found http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/05/09/reset-cyberlink-powerdvd-blu-ray-region-code-to-free-locking/ which might help

Region coding on Blu-Ray is up in the air at the moment. Its a definite part of the hardware spec, whereas with DVD I think it was optional for the hardware manufacturer.

At present some studios do it (mainly 20th Century Fox) and some dont. There are also no region free players except for two hardware modded Panasonic players which are twice the price of a region specific model.

Best bet at the moment is to check this site or on movietyme's blog and buy as many region free discs as possible.

on its way now (well when its released)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

You can definitely order in sterling @ thehut.

jayteecork wrote: »
    You can definitely order in sterling @ thehut.

I just did

Advertisement