Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprain/Strain ...

Options
  • 30-10-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

I had a spill a couple of weeks a go. Fell oh my knee but I was kinda ok up until now.

I know you'll say I should go see the physio ...

I think I have a it ligament strain or sprain on the back outward side of my knee. It doesn't hurt when cycling but when I walk, go up and down stairs, knee down especially I am in pain.

No swelling ... no bruises, just pain.

I think what trigerred tonight awful pain is the fact that I was extremelly badly sat all day today in work ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Definitely go get it checked professionally. It will cost a few quid but well worth it.

There is buckets of info on knee ligaments on the interweb - hopefully yours is just a sprain rather than a ligament tear but you will need to get a Doc/Physio to check it out to get a professional opinion.

I hurt my knee a few weeks ago - I won't go into the details but if it had not ballooned up overnight I would have though it was just another sprain/twist and limped around for a few weeks before getting it checked out. Turns out I had done serious damage and would probably be still limping in pain chalking it down as "just another knock" that would self-heal in time.

After my accident, similar to yourself, I could cycle without pain but walking was extremely painful and stairs/kneeing were torture.

If you have private health insurance Hibernian & VHI have clinics that can "expedite" your processing within the health system - they cost a few quid more than the Doc or A&E but you get processed quicker and they are kitted out like mini A&E departments.

FYI - Hope you don't have an aversion to pain - visits to the Physio tend to require a lot of gripping on the bench with white knuckles :o but definitely get it checked out professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

I had a spill a couple of weeks a go. Fell oh my knee but I was kinda ok up until now.
    Sounds like your medial ligament was over stretched. Go straight to a good physio. Skip A&E Doctor etc. Seems you have been in the wars lately! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

sy wrote: »
    Sounds like your medial ligament was over stretched. Go straight to a good physio. Skip A&E Doctor etc. Seems you have been in the wars lately! Good luck

Thanks -

I have an appointment this afternoon at the physio clinic in Blancharstown. I have the knee wrapped and elavated ( Nothing better than lounging at work on bonus pay day ) ...

I guess you will have news from me after 3:30 and recommendation for a new D15 physio ( exept if he says I have to stop cycling for a while ... arrgghh )

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I guess you will have news from me after 3:30 and recommendation for a new D15 physio

Please do, I could use someone local (am in Clonsilla myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

http://physio.ie/ Great Physio. Was at the Blanch branch this afternoon and I am Cured!!!

A few massages, stretches and ultrasounds, I am back on the bike tomorrow.

Was my tendon that was a bit damaged from trying to avoid getting hurt after my spill 3 weeks ago and limping because of my painful roadrash ( or something ).

He explained it all to me, I went '.... Eeerrr .... Oh right ok yeah, can I cycle?'' ... he said ' Go for it' ... I said ' Sweet'

... it was a wonderful adventure, the best way to spen 60quid on a Friday afternoon.

Seriously, thought, me, Caroline, recommend that Physio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

My Mam also had terrible pains and went to physio.ie and it cured her.

Advertisement