Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 best deal?

Options
  • 30-10-2008 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

if i was to buy a ps3 tomorrow where is the best deal.It has to be a 60 or 80gb version.Also what is the cheapest deal thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Tesco today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Sharpshooter656

Tesco for €299, you'd better hurry though, its a limited offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408143

Here's a useful thread thats in bargain alerts, has all the details. Its the 40 gb by the looks of it, but don't even give it a second thought, if you are getting a ps3 over the weekend, then avail of this deal....and quickly!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fizman wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408143

Here's a useful thread thats in bargain alerts, has all the details. Its the 40 gb by the looks of it, but don't even give it a second thought, if you are getting a ps3 over the weekend, then avail of this deal....and quickly!
    Everybody seems to be getting an 80GB one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    if i was to buy a ps3 tomorrow where is the best deal.It has to be a 60 or 80gb version.Also what is the cheapest deal thanks.:)

60 GB ended production well over a year ago.

• Advertisement

Everybody seems to be getting an 80GB one though.

Well the difference between 40 gb and 80 gb is negligible to be honest if you think about it. Anybody who is going to need more than 40 gb (ie use the ps3 for media such as storing films, music etc) will essentially need much more than 80 gb, therefore will probably look into installing their own HDD (250gb/320gb etc ) at some stage down the line.

So why take the expensive hit of buying a measly 40 gb more?

Maybe its just me but with an offer like this around, if I were in the market for a new PS3 right now, i'd make use of it. Then upgrade my HDD in the future if needs be!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well the difference between 40 gb and 80 gb is negligible to be honest if you think about it. Anybody who is going to need more than 40 gb (ie use the ps3 for media such as storing films, music etc) will essentially need much more than 80 gb, therefore will probably look into installing their own HDD (250gb/320gb etc ) at some stage down the line.

So why take the expensive hit of buying a measly 40 gb more?

Maybe its just me but with an offer like this around, if I were in the market for a new PS3 right now, i'd make use of it. Then upgrade my HDD in the future if needs be!
    You misunderstand me. If it was €299 for a 40GB and €399 for an 80GB, then get the 40GB for sure. You can get a 320GB drive that will fit in the ps3 for €70 if you need the extra hard drive space and you'll still save money. What I meant was that most people were getting the 80GB in Tesco for €299, Basquille seemed to be the only one who got the 40GB and even he brought it back to get the 80GB for the exact same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

You could try Zavvi - their console bundles are quite good at the moment.

PS3 + 2 games for €400. Not sure which two games, though - I was looking more at the Xbox bundles

*blush*

You misunderstand me. If it was €299 for a 40GB and €399 for an 80GB, then get the 40GB for sure. You can get a 320GB drive that will fit in the ps3 for €70 if you need the extra hard drive space and you'll still save money. What I meant was that most people were getting the 80GB in Tesco for €299, Basquille seemed to be the only one who got the 40GB and even he brought it back to get the 80GB for the exact same price.

Ah I see. Hadn't read the entire thread through. An even better deal then!

Niska wrote: »
    You could try Zavvi - their console bundles are quite good at the moment.

PS3 + 2 games for €400. Not sure which two games, though - I was looking more at the Xbox bundles

*blush*

I remember seeing that. I can only remember two games, Ratchet and clank and Assasin's Creed.
    Ah I see. Hadn't read the entire thread through. An even better deal then!

Yeah, brilliant deal. Good 'ole Tesco. Pity I bought mine about a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Got 160gb PS3 yesterday in Xtravision in Navan for 449 which included 4 games that you download from the playstation network games are super stardust, the last guy, gt5 and ratchet and clank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

rman2727 wrote: »
    Got 160gb PS3 yesterday in Xtravision in Navan for 449 which included 4 games that you download from the playstation network games are super stardust, the last guy, gt5 and ratchet and clank.

Really? Any pictures of the box etc? I didn't think the 160 was even coming out before Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭elchanco

i got an 80g version of the ps3 yesterday in smyths for 380yoyos with fifa 09....not bad me thinks :D

Advertisement