Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benders Game. Futurama movie 3 (SPOILERS)

Options
  • 30-10-2008 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Well just finished watching Benders Game. First major plus, it was so much better than Beast With Billion Backs.

However, I do think the story just got a little too weird again. The basic story is Bender's develops an imagination while playing Dungeons and Dragons, which ends up putting him in the hospital for criminally insane robots. Between the jigs and the reels, the main plot of increasing dark matter prices intertwines into this and they end up in an alternative reality where they are in fact living in Benders imagination land of Dungeons and Dragons.

The first half was excellent. Very funny, the 2nd half had its moments but the weirdness took from it.

For Futurama die hards I recommend it. Not as good as Big Score, but far better than Billion Backs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭scubasteve

:eek:Cool Where'd you get it? :eek:I want it gimme gimme gimme:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Definitely better than a Beast With A Billion Backs. Not as good as the first one though. I got a few laughs from it anyway. Really looking forward to the final film next February, apparently the number 9 man will finally be explained!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

oh jeez is it out already??!!let me look around...

million backs is great!!not as best as the 1st one tho!looking forward of this!!

Futurama is the best show on this planet!seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

really enjoyed it. some cracking gags in it, loved the three stooges bit. and the
    i'm an owl inspector
    which made me laugh a lot.

the bit near the end
    when the professor wants to go help frydo, but amy and leela are kissing, and bender says "can it wait".. just the delivery of the professor's line "yes, yes it can" was absolute genius.

far more enjoyable than the last two imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,179 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Really enjoyed this, far better than the last one, although as said maybe not quite Bender's Big Score quality.

Best moments: the aforementioned
    owl inspector
    bit (random brilliance) and the long anticipated return of the most inspired piece of satire of the last decade
    The Scary Door
    . Still good to see the references for the fans though: CHANGE PLACES!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Having watched it again, it is a great show. But I suspect it will not appeal to non die hard Futurama fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I didn't take to it much at all.

Yeah a few quality moments but poor over all. Shame really cos I do think it's a cracking show

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

kaimera wrote: »
    I didn't take to it much at all.

Yeah a few quality moments but poor over all. Shame really cos I do think it's a cracking show

I agree. I'll rewatch it in the fullness of time but thought it was the weakest of the three. Out of all of them, this one would work best in an episode structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Anyone buy it on BluRay? Futurama in HD would look amazing. The final DVD is next year, the writers said that it will be a satisfying ending. It might be best to leave it at that. It's a great series but it might be time to leave it at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭XboxHero

I have it on DVD and wasn't blown away!The 1st time I saw the other 2 I was skeptical but when re-watched, they are brilliant:)

They are DEF loading the movies with our favourite characters and references;););)

• Advertisement
Advertisement