If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't certain tv's be shipped down here anymore

Options
  • 30-10-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Would buy your Sony KDL-V4000 LCD TV advertised on your website for £369 in a heartbeat but it says only in store collection.

A spin up to Belfast is a bit much for TV what the issue with sending it down here it wasn't always like this.

Anyway if you feel like making an exception i'll ring up and now pay for it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Ditto that. I know of a few boardsies who got tvs from you(Big 46" ones too) and they were listed on the '.com site as being " in store collection only".I know delivery was only 20£ for them too.I really do hope this is still available cos i have my eye on a few tvs on the uk site. Thanks for the help...

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

Thanks for the post and I am sorry that we have had to restrict certain TV's to in-store collection.

There are several reasons - the 1st is that on really popular lines, which have restricted stocks we have to have stocks available for Customers who travel into our store - at present on the Sony 4500 for instance we just cannot lay out hands on enough of them so we don't want to disappoint Customers by promising delivery then having a huge waiting time.

Whenever supply eases we will make a product available for Mail order despatch again - Panasonic is now almost all available for mail order (except ofr the TH42PX8 and even that should free up in the next 10 days) and I hope that the Samsung 40LE686 (one of our most popular LCD's) will be available again via mail order next Friday.

Once again apologies - we are not trying to be difficult - I would love trucks of the stuff coming south every day!

As ever if I can assist in any way - please just drop me an email direct and I will do my best to sort you out personally johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks again,

John Mc & The Richer Team

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thanks for the response John. Lookin to get a nice 1080p tv(Sony 40v4000 it looks like at this stage) in a couple of months and hopin to get it from richersounds. Would love to get some of the stuff on that clearance list but just dont have the cash right now!:mad::mad:

I'll be onto you once i've saved enough:).....

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DirksDiggler

Just been informed that the W4000 I wanted can't be shipped down here (South East).

Gutted :(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.