Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peugeot Boxer starter question

Options
  • 30-10-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi there

bit of an odd one I have, the van is a hi top boxer 2.5 and its a 99...

there is a bit of an interrmittent issues with the starter, if the engine is cold.. hasnt been started for a while.. even 30 mins... the starter works perfect.. but if you stop for only a few mins.. or even try to stop and restart the enginer.. she just clicks...

I had heard the earthing strap can go a bit green and cause issues.. but I wanted to see if anybody else had this issue....

sounds like the starter is knackered.. but anybody any other thoughts

ta
    iain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Sounds like the solenoid is sticking on the starter (it's a wee cylinder shape on the side of the starter). I experienced similar on my old Ducato and got progressively worse over time. Removed starter and had the solenoid replaced for around €50. Here's a link which might give you a idea. Any mechanic of Auto electrician should be able to sort it out.

Advertisement