Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday/Sunday Club Runs in Cork?

Options
  • 30-10-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

I've been cycling only for about 18 months or so. I am living near to Cork city and would like to cycle with a club(or just a group) on a Saturday or Sunday. Can anyone help me with contact details, or run info?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hi, I think what you're looking for might be St. Finbars CC, I think they meet on Grand Parade (or they used to). I'll PM you the contact details for their secretary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Jd,
    I'll try organise a Cork boardsies spins (they seems to be a bit of interest on here) over the next few weeks. Won't be anything serious especially starting off.

Then we'll challenge the Dubs to a Madison styled event...;)

I'll pm you when I get the finger out...

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Now there is a challenge. I think neutral territory.... the Ring of Kerry 2009, any takers?

Thank you for the replies. It would be great to get something going. I can make an effort on numbers also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

How about a race up Patrick's Hill- on a fixie. Best of five :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

jdt101 wrote: »
    Now there is a challenge. I think neutral territory.... the Ring of Kerry 2009, any takers?

I like the sound of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Last one up Moll's Gap makes the tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

So now we need to get new boards jerseys for next year. Red ones and blue ones.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

108 miles of home turf - if it happens (or if you need help in organising) count me in. Come on the Kingdom! er, Dublin Boardsies :D

Thanks kenmc. I would be interested in a Red jersey if we can get the numbers. I was very impressed with the boards.ie kit at this years ROK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

As a Dub living in Cork there is no way I'd wear red - I'd be afraid of picking up the accent....besides even if we do organise a Cork team we'll porbably end up striking or walking out beacuase of the poor facilities...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    As a Dub living in Cork there is no way I'd wear red - I'd be afraid of picking up the accent....besides even if we do organise a Cork team we'll porbably end up striking or walking out beacuase of the poor facilities...;)

You'd refuse to ride because we only named a single candidate for Directeur Sportif, and he's a fella you're not too keen on....

A red and a blue jersey could be good... the current one is blue enough for me, but I could whip up a design for a red 'un :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

A red and a blue jersey could be good... the current one is blue enough for me, but I could whip up a design for a red 'un :p

What happened to the pink one?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »
    What happened to the pink one?

Pink n black would be hawt.

Advertisement