Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmaster tools 404 errors that don't exist

Options
  • 30-10-2008 11:54am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

I need help,
    I check my webmaster tools on a regular basis. I've fixed any 404 errors that it reported and expected to see everything would be ok the next time my website was crawled. The next time it was crawled it is showing errors that i cannot explain. They are for webpages i deleted ages ago. Webmaster tools says the links come from the home page and another page. I've checked those pages and the said links do not exist. Where do i go from here?

Edit: Right, I always seems to notice extra stuff when i write for help like above. The problems with these links was discovered in April and June of this year. How do i get rid of these errors when they are no longer present on my website.

Advertisement