Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bio diesel

• 30-10-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

I am having trouble sourcing some KOH' Potassium Hydroxide
    I’m looking for 25kg’s some of the prices I been quoted 145 Euro' is excessive' to say the least
    Anyone know of where I can get it cheaper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

http://www.micro-bio.ie/

This crowd supply KOH to industry. They won't retail it, but may point you in the direction of someone who'll sell you a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

Got some up north thanks 35 sterling

Is there anyone on the forum making or using bio diesel
    I have just made my first batch of bio diesel using KOH
    I had been using NaOH for the last couple of years
    The batch turned out fine so I will continue to use KOH
    I will be able to use the glycerol to lower the titration f my next batch before processing
    I was not able to do this with Naoh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 webs

Hi copper12,
    could you let me know where you sourced your KOH? How will you manage to lower titration with it?
    Regards,
    Webs

Web’s
    I switched over to KOH it’s just easier to work with
    There’s a lot of information here from Irish lads
    http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/849605551/m/3331048672/p/2
    I lower the titration be adding the glycerol recovered form the previous batch these has the effect of removing any water and the methanol and catalyst the lowers the titration from about 4 to 2
    It just seem to make better bio

Central Chemicals in Northern Ireland today and they have very good prices on Potassium 35 stg per 25kg bag and Methanol 100 stg. per 205 lt drum. They also deliver down south to certain places about once a week. Their phone no. from the south is 04838881936. Ask for Des.

• Advertisement
Advertisement