Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add a Zero thread part deux

Options
  • 29-10-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Add a Zero thread part deux , I have taken cson idea and decided to start my own challenge for myself.

I started my account with 100 Euro myself and after a nice win last night it is now up to currently 230euro , so the challenge is to make at least 100 Euro a week until Xmas. I think its very possible.

Now I'm not here to tell people my tips or recommendations on gambling , this is just a log for me to look back on.

Please feel free to comment and offer constructive criticism , my add zero thread will only consist of football gambling.

Thanks Sarge

Edit 1 : Some days I'll bet other days I wont depending on how i fancy a team , I'm not just going to bet when ever it comes up.
    Already I have passed my first weeks expectations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Best of Luck mate. It seems like the idea has caught on !

at it myself but started with only 20 and up to 40. will see how it goes !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Best of Luck mate. It seems like the idea has caught on !

at it myself but started with only 20 and up to 40. will see how it goes !!

Cheers thanks a million. I'm going to use this as more of a log on my betting anywhere and see how I get on with it.

I shall probably have all the money gone by next week anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭cson

Best of luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I'm also doing this! Started on Saturday with E130, up to E440 tonight, betting only on tennis and the occasional footy.

Not gonna start a thread with tips and results though, I just know the second I do that it's gonna go tits up!

Good luck to everybody doing this, and cheers to cson for the original idea! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not meanin to start an argument, but the way cson is doin it will mean he shouldn't go broke unless he runs very bad - the way you guys are doin it is just pure gambling, like to go from say 130 to 440 in 4 nite from betting on tennis is rid unless your putting a huge % on the bets

the best way to do the bets is to put a % of your roll on a bet - say 2% or w/e - result you won't go broke - you might not make good money for a while but in the long term this is the best strategy,

fair enough i may not be one to give advice - after the all the spun 300 quid to 3k in 1 day by betting - blew it just as quick (hence i'm in "rehab" so to speak)

but best of luck with it

Ace

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not meanin to start an argument, but the way cson is doin it will mean he shouldn't go broke unless he runs very bad - the way you guys are doin it is just pure gambling, like to go from say 130 to 440 in 4 nite from betting on tennis is rid unless your putting a huge % on the bets

the best way to do the bets is to put a % of your roll on a bet - say 2% or w/e - result you won't go broke - you might not make good money for a while but in the long term this is the best strategy,

fair enough i may not be one to give advice - after the all the spun 300 quid to 3k in 1 day by betting - blew it just as quick (hence i'm in "rehab" so to speak)

but best of luck with it

Ace

I understand the theory around the original idea and of course cson thread. I just decided to make a log on my betting over the next number of weeks in the hope of adding a zero. I look for value when betting on the football market , and I'm not afraid to lump onto teams. That's what gambling is all about to me anyway. Its the sweat you get ;)

Again , I'm just going to use this thread to track my football betting in the number of weeks.

Okay Tonights bet is a single bet :

Real Union vs Real Madrid - Copa Del Rey | Thursday, 30th October 2008, 2100 CET

Real Madrid -1 @ 4/6 €25

balance is 225 before this bet.

I fancy Dundalk to bet Limerick tonight at home @ 8/15 but have decided to stay clear as i want to enjoy watching the match tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah, I have Dundalk/Real Madrid. But, I know I shouldn't have put money on Dundalk because they will probably lose now and it would ruin my night at Oriel!!:mad:

Update : just got team news for both teams in the dundalk game and @ 8/15 i have 100 on dundalk to win. Hopefully we don't bottle it again like recent years.

so the two bets i have done today

real madrid - 1 to beat real union @4/6 €25
    Dundalk to beat Limerick37 @ 8/15 €100

balance after bets is €100 (back to square one :) )

Neither bet came in tonight , very disappointing day today , will need to study the market for the premiership on Saturday. I shall do my usual two team double @ 50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

not a good night last night.

*note to myself. NEVER bet on copa del rey again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

rarnes1 wrote: »
    not a good night last night.

*note to myself. NEVER bet on copa del rey again.

Yep I fell for that one also :( I should have taken more note of Real Union's recent form and taken into account that the two teams meet eachother in Madrid in a few weeks (not a knockout for Madrid). you live and learn :/

Advertisement