Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saracen Mantra 2????

Options
  • 29-10-2008 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi

Sorry for this but I'm a beginner to Biking, thinking of getting the Saracen Mantra 2 for a bit of cross country/down hill mountain biking, I don't want to spend over 400 euro's so am I right in think that this is the bike for me?

Click Here for Image

Any help would be appreciated
    Stackeye

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jollylee

I've done repairs on a few. My advise would be avoid it like the plague if your going off road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I just bought a Giant Brass2 09 last week, been on road, off road and in the skate park on it and i love it.

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=23652

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I'd go for something a bit more cross country than full on jump or DH, you'll get more for your money. Those frames are raked pretty far back and would make it pretty difficult going up hill. And they look a little heavy, unless you're thinking of hucking it off the roof or the house I'd go more toward the XC route.

Mind you this looks like a good deal to me http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14983

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Buy 2nd hand if thats your budget. It's your only option. Keep an eye on adverts and also try the forums on the mtbireland.com and the epic sites, they'll be more than happy to help. You won't get anything decent for €400 new.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

Cheers all, I'll start looking for a second hand one so,

• Advertisement
Advertisement