Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Social Science/Fees

Options
  • 29-10-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Ok, so I put down Social Science last year thinking that I'd be able to do Psychology as a core subject, as one of the options modules. I got here to find out that I can't take it past this year. To be honest, it's the major reason I chose the course, and all the info I had (prospecti, Internet, etc) said that I'd be able to keep it on.

To cut a long story short, I'm withdrawing at Christmas, I have an offer at another college that will allow me to keep Psychology and Sociology on. But I was wondering if I have a case to allow me to get partial student fees back, due to false advertising on the part of the college? I don't have backup from the Net, the college has since changed the site to show more accurate information, but I still have paper support to back me up on this.

Would anyone be able to help with this?? Any student union people out there that could give me advice?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'd suggest contacting the SU education officer at education {at} ucd {dot} ie

Though I somehow think that getting fees back for the first semester would be nigh on impossible. You should be able to get free fees for second semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

Yeah, I figured it would be pretty impossible, but I thought I may as well give it a try. A grand is a lot of money to lose considering I got wrong information. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement