Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP

Options
  • 29-10-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

The OH is after ringing me and the four wheel drive on our 02 mitubishi pajero is stuck in four wheel drive and the orange light on the dash (in the middle of the four tyre lights) is flashing.

Any ideas?

Damn it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I dont know about the newer Pajeros but my old pajero sport used to be a b1tch to get out of 4x4. you generally had to put it in 2H and reverse while turning the wheel over and backbefore it would come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

*sigh

great..... wonder what the flashing light is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

dlambirl wrote: »
    *sigh

great..... wonder what the flashing light is.

I'm not trying to be a smart ar5e here but does it say anything about it in the manual? Maybe ring a mitsubishi dealer and ask if your really stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

If the centre Orange Light is on DO NOT DRIVE IT ON TARMAC OR ANY HARD SURFACE.To the best of my knowledge you have locked the centre diff.Driving it will only wind it up and blow it You do not want that to happen.
    Start the beast put it Nuetral and move the the 2wheel/4 wheel selector (smaller gear stick) slowly backward to the 2H position.
    This should should unlock the cntr diff.If you move the lever and the Orange light does not go out (never mind about the green lights) do not drive it.

www.pocuk.com for more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

If it's flashing, it could be a problem with the gearbox - or one of the sensors on it that tell it that 4wd's engaged.

It'll have to go to a main dealer for a diagnosis; if it's only a sensor, it shouldn't be too much but if the problem's in the box, get the cash out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Its more than likely a stuck sensor. Its not necessarily a main dealer job, there's plenty of links on line to sort it out. I bet if your OH turns off the jeeep and moves the gear selector to the 2H position and starts the jeep its ok.

Its recommended that you operate 4H once in a while in the newer type pajeros to prevent the sensor problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

thanks everyone. Got it out of 4WD eventually but now everytime its started there are two beeps. what could this be??

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

sometimes 4x4s get "bound in" if it happens again just jack up one of the front wheels as soon as it lifts off the ground it will spin half a turn to undo itself ,,it should slip out easily then.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Deadly Dave

shaywest wrote: »
    sometimes 4x4s get "bound in" if it happens again just jack up one of the front wheels as soon as it lifts off the ground it will spin half a turn to undo itself ,,it should slip out easily then.
    Dropping the front wheel off a curb works too.

Advertisement