Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over Knee Socks...

Options
  • 29-10-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

With the colder weather coming, I think it's time to get some long socks to wear -I prefer them to leg warmers on my commute, so what do you folk suggest?

CRC has these which seem a decent price, or these which are a little over priced... what other options are out there!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

GAA socks usually get a good reaction...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I got my woman to pick me up some girl overknee socks from dunnes or some such place. They lasted for around a year or so with my 3/4 length trousers. Did the job. Women and their clothes are handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

With the colder weather coming, I think it's time to get some long socks to wear -I prefer them to leg warmers on my commute, so what do you folk suggest?

CRC has these which seem a decent price, or these which are a little over priced... what other options are out there!?

Do you have the suspenders to go with the first pair, cos I'd imagine they'd slip down a bit with cycling. Wouldn't fancy wearing a skirt or heels with them on the bike either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kenmc wrote: »
    Do you have the suspenders to go with the first pair, cos I'd imagine they'd slip down a bit with cycling. Wouldn't fancy wearing a skirt or heels with them on the bike either.

I'm used to the skirt and heels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I'm used to the skirt and heels :)

LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

The thierry Henry style football socks would do the job I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I wear them all the time ... they're really good at keeping your warm on the commute... I even wear tights But wait ... I am a Girl, I can!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Just buy the leg warmers Tiny. Those socks and those argyle arm warmers aren't going to go well together, believe me. Poor Raam would probably have a coronary on the spot if he saw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    Just buy the leg warmers Tiny. Those socks and those argyle arm warmers aren't going to go well together, believe me. Poor Raam would probably have a coronary on the spot if he saw them.

If we are talking about "these socks", then I'll permit the purchase, as I have considered them myself.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055405619

but but butbutbut... it all goes so well with my Tinkoff shorts and Astana cap that have just arrived :)

I don't wear the armwarmers on the commute, standard shorts and my Campag or Decathalon jacket (in this weather)

@Raam -they're the ones in the lead at the moment, though football socks are a possibility (the downside being I'd have to get Spurs ones being a Spurs fan, and we're not doing so well at the moment....)

• Advertisement

the downside being I'd have to get Spurs ones being a Spurs fan, and we're not doing so well at the moment....)

Yes, that would be the equivalent of you wearing these ...

91dc_1_sbl.JPG

Yes, that would be the equivalent of you wearing these ...

91dc_1_sbl.JPG

They're perfect! act like a string vest to keep my legs toasty warm... got to get a pair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

I wore my ordinary black tights under my 3/4 length leggings last night to stay warm, they’re the business.
    I'm hoping that it’s so naff its cool ... probably just naff though.
    I recommend 60 denier + for this weather :)

they won't slip down like socks might.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I've really let myself go since that picture was taken.
    91dc_1_sbl.JPG

unionman wrote: »
    I've really let myself go since that picture was taken.

It's how I'll always remember you though Unionman... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd suggest getting 3/4 or full-length cycling tights, they really are more comfortable than the separate leg-warmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

try these and winters will never be the same, on my second winter with the set i got last year.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1998

I use adidas knee warmers with them, most of the time.
    Just GREAT! :D

It's how I'll always remember you though Unionman... :)

I know, I know, but now that my pole dancing / private dancer days are behind me (I just don't have the body for it anymore), I prefer to wear these with my boards bib shorts. Warm, effective, and much needed today!!!!

unionman wrote: »
    I know, I know, but now that my pole dancing / private dancer days are behind me (I just don't have the body for it anymore), I prefer to wear these with my boards bib shorts. Warm, effective, and much needed today!!!!

You still have the body man, you're just not able to do all the moves I remember so fondly...

I'd like to see ya dance in those with a nice short skirt :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

CLOSE THIS THREAD!

• Advertisement

It's getting indecent ... I agree ...

It's getting indecent ... I agree ...

Quite right, I've said too much:o

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The level of homoeroticism has reached such a pitch that I fear kenmc will never log on again. Remember this is a guy who gets freaked by people shaving their legs and wearing pink jerseys.

The level of homoeroticism has reached such a pitch that I fear kenmc will never log on again. Remember this is a guy who gets freaked by people shaving their legs and wearing pink jerseys.

homoeroticism? Not at all. Good natured 'manly' banter :D

Here's a pic of me from my dancing days
    caveman.jpg

Hardly homoerotic?

After that image, I agree with the closing of this thread! Forever.

Advertisement