If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic TH42PZ80

Options
  • 29-10-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get the Panasonic TH42PZ80 (unless I'm persuaded otherwise!) and a reasonably priced multiregion Blu Ray player. Was wondering what the craic with availablity and pricing is for the above.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I wanted the pz80 myself about 8 weeks back but rs couldn't get it in stock.

tv sells on name alone its deemed that damn good.

good luck trying to get it; I ended up with the pz8 instead, still a fantastic tv, dont think i'm notice anything different with the pz80.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Thanks, when I enquired they had 3 in stock. Didn't get round to ordering until Friday and they're out of stock again :(

Have ordered anyway and they said they'd let me know when it's back in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

kaimera wrote: »
    I wanted the pz80 myself about 8 weeks back but rs couldn't get it in stock.

tv sells on name alone its deemed that damn good.

good luck trying to get it; I ended up with the pz8 instead, still a fantastic tv, dont think i'm notice anything different with the pz80.

I had no intention of buying a TV for the foreseeable future until I was browsing and stumbled across a TV that impressed me... and the price impressed me even more! It was the Panasonic. It's a fantastic TV for sure. I'd like the 81 though, with freesat. Pity I have to sacrifice a terrestrial tuner though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Oh, wait, that's a plasma screen, not an LCD?

luckat wrote: »
    Oh, wait, that's a plasma screen, not an LCD?

Tis

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Luckat,

Yep its Plasma - that's the main reason why it's so Damn excellent!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Was talking to Kenny yesterday, they've got three of these bad boys coming into stock and one of them has my name on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Hi.

Did you get the PZ80?

I note that it's currently on the richersounds.ie site for €1320 including the 5 year warranty.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=938&mode=0&categoryid=&sub=&productid=790&c=1

It's on the richersounds.com site for £814 including the 5 year warranty.

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TH42PZ80

That's €886 at today's rate.

Have I got this wrong? If not, what's with the extra €434? I don't mean to sound nasty, but aren't RS renowned for low prices (as well as great great service)?

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Mark#1 wrote: »
    Hi.

Did you get the PZ80?

I note that it's currently on the richersounds.ie site for €1320 including the 5 year warranty.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=938&mode=0&categoryid=&sub=&productid=790&c=1

It's on the richersounds.com site for £814 including the 5 year warranty.

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TH42PZ80

That's €886 at today's rate.

Have I got this wrong? If not, what's with the extra €434? I don't mean to sound nasty, but aren't RS renowned for low prices (as well as great great service)?

Mark

I think the ".ie" site just isn't kept up to date as much as the .com version. I believe the .com version has the most current stock / prices !

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Rather than hi-jack this TH42PZ80 thread, I've posted my question on a more appropriate RS thread.

Mark

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.