Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish insititute of films - historical films and documentaries

Options
  • 29-10-2008 2:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭

i was recently listening to a podcast from one of the radio stations. the topic was films and irish history. i am aware of films of the 1920-1940's made on 1916, war of independence and civil war etc, in particular films such as the intruder and one or two films on 1798 rebellion and even michael collins. i understand a film was also done on parnell.

i looked at the institutes website to have a gawk and see what they are about. dead interesting. would love to view many of these films and documentaries and view the directors attitudes when making the films. i cant seem to find them in video stores etc. i would love to see brendan glessons the treaty again, because unlike recent films in heavily focuses on the negotiations.

this post might not be in the correct place, but i ask, for those who reguarily deal with them, is it possible for the general public to go to their building/library to view this films. do you actually need to be a film student/director? how do one go about making the request, how much? could harldy obtain copies of the films on tape or dvd?

i would be most obliged if someone could assist me. their seems to be a load of interesting items floating about that is worth exploring

Advertisement