Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint Television

Options
  • 29-10-2008 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Does anyone know who supplies Powerpoint televisions in ireland. I have a TV/DVD model and i need to find out if its still under warrenty. It was a prize so i dont have a reciept.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

most powerpoint tvs are not worth fixing out of warranty ,even in warrenty they are just replaced ,and broken one is smashed to pieces

shomar.ie

Shomar Ltd, Unit 9 Western Industrial Estate, Dublin 12, Ireland.

T: 01 450 9150 | F: 01 450 9606 | E: info@shomar.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scanvaegt

knighted_1 wrote: »
    most powerpoint tvs are not worth fixing out of warranty ,even in warrenty they are just replaced ,and broken one is smashed to pieces

shomar.ie

Shomar Ltd, Unit 9 Western Industrial Estate, Dublin 12, Ireland.

T: 01 450 9150 | F: 01 450 9606 | E: info@shomar.ie

Thanks for tour response, but i just want to know how to find out if its still under warenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you don't get any luck with the warranty thing, and of course if you're in the right area, there's a really good old-fashioned repair guy in Rathfarnham I can recommend heartily. Let me know and I'll dig out his details.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Contact Shomar. They should be able to determine its age from the serial number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 RPD

I work for Powerpoint. Please contact us on 01-4509150 with the model number and we can try resolve the problem for you.

rgds
    Ronan

Marvellous. Thanks Ronan. Will ring you as soon as I can.

Hi Ronan
    I rang Shomar but they say i need a reciept. Is there no way around this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 roxyd

Hi does anyone know where I would get an original remome control for a powerpoint portable tv. The seriel no of the remote is PP1402T. I need the original to tune the channels into the tv. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Neish

Have a PowerPoint Model No. PP2102T.

TV was working fine but noticed battery were very hot(only changed then about 2 weeks ago) took them out and TV was still working fine. But I turned off the TV and now can't get it to tune into any on there chanels. It can be switched on from front of TV but only on a blank screen. If I press the channel/volume up and down buttons, just get a message saying LOCKED.

Do any of the UNiversal remotes work on PowerPoint TVs or is it possibel to get a replacement? Can anyone help with this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

scanvaegt wrote: »
    Hi Ronan
    I rang Shomar but they say i need a reciept. Is there no way around this.

Legally this is correct. However it's rather poor customer care.

byte

Neish wrote: »
    Have a PowerPoint Model No. PP2102T.

TV was working fine but noticed battery were very hot(only changed then about 2 weeks ago) took them out and TV was still working fine. But I turned off the TV and now can't get it to tune into any on there chanels. It can be switched on from front of TV but only on a blank screen. If I press the channel/volume up and down buttons, just get a message saying LOCKED.

Do any of the UNiversal remotes work on PowerPoint TVs or is it possibel to get a replacement? Can anyone help with this?
    http://www.donberg.ie/descript/r/rc_431-hq.htm

Child lock is enabled, which is why the front buttons won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Neish

byte wrote: »
    http://www.donberg.ie/descript/r/rc_431-hq.htm

Child lock is enabled, which is why the front buttons won't work.

Worked that out myself after at bit of fiddling, but vheers for advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 loly

Apologies for dragging up this old thread. I am looking for a remote for a powerpoint tv, model number PP2002T. The two remotes I can find on donberg are http://www.donberg.ie/descript/r/rc_431-hq.htm and http://www.donberg.ie/descript/r/rc_univers30.htm Does anyone know which (if any) would be compatible? I need to get a powerpoint remote so I can tune the stations in properly. Many thanks in advance for your replies.

byte

loly wrote: »
    Apologies for dragging up this old thread. I am looking for a remote for a powerpoint tv, model number PP2002T. The two remotes I can find on donberg are http://www.donberg.ie/descript/r/rc_431-hq.htm and http://www.donberg.ie/descript/r/rc_univers30.htm Does anyone know which (if any) would be compatible? I need to get a powerpoint remote so I can tune the stations in properly. Many thanks in advance for your replies.
    I'm pretty sure the PP2002T is identical to the PP2102, just an inch smaller screen. Both used Philips chassis.

So, the RC431 in your first link should work.

Otherwise, Shomar might still have some originals in their warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fabrico

Does anyone know where I would get a remote for a Sony Trinitron tv model no. KV21X5L. Ive tried ebay and Sony itself with no luck.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vincentez

Sorry for getting this auld topic out from the digital dust.

I got the RC431HQ remote (the one mentioned above) for my powerpoint tv (PP2001). All the buttons and stuff work, but I can't figure out how to enter the tuning menu. The 'manual' that came with the remote offers no advise whatsoever. Have tried all the buttons and combinations etc.

Anybody any ideas? You would be a life-saver as I am currently relying on crappy streaming to follow the world cup!

byte

vincentez wrote: »
    Sorry for getting this auld topic out from the digital dust.

I got the RC431HQ remote (the one mentioned above) for my powerpoint tv (PP2001). All the buttons and stuff work, but I can't figure out how to enter the tuning menu. The 'manual' that came with the remote offers no advise whatsoever. Have tried all the buttons and combinations etc.

Anybody any ideas? You would be a life-saver as I am currently relying on crappy streaming to follow the world cup!
    Try pressing the - and + buttons together (the ones at the very bottom of remote).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vincentez

byte wrote: »
    Try pressing the - and + buttons together (the ones at the very bottom of remote).
    Thanks for your reply. However, it doesn't do the job. Pressing them together, in sequence or keeping them pressed down for a while doesn't seem to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 captainmagic

I have a powerpoint TV. It was given to me several years ago without the remote.

I spent a long time trying to get a remote to work properly on it.

Eventually, I got one of the TOTAL CONTROL universal remotes (mine is the older black one for tv & video only). It comes with an instruction manual and a book of codes. Now it works perfectly.

I have tried other universal remotes, but this is the first one that I found that had POWERPOINT TV codes with it.

I think that they only work on the TOTAL CONTROL remotes (they're 4 digits long), but here they are anyway:

They might work with other brands of universal remotes, but I doubt it as they seem to have different length codes depending on the brand.
    ie: some have 3 digit codes, some have 4, I think some have 5 digits.

Let me know if this works on your POWERPOINT TV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement