Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in Athlone, Westmeath

Options
  • 29-10-2008 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Now, not very interesting thread or anything, just a look at the night clubs in Athlone's logos.

Q, used to be called 'Bozo's'

Check out the logo
    7052622667a8001558011m.jpg

And Genesis too, near the college, cant find an image of the logo.
    It's a triangle with a star in the middle of the eye.

Inside the club there's a stone version of it in true masonic style!

Any obvious mason pubs/clubs in other towns?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

its Athlone, I kep thinkin its like those old signs up north

Snyper at Work*

Puncturing Ringpieces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭rexusdiablos

Interesting symbolisms. Has anybody ever considered infilitrating an Irish masonic lodge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smudgeyboy

I rang them in Athlone once a few years ago, asking what they are about before I had really investigated it myself.

The conversation went like this.

Me: Hello, I'd just like to know more about freemasonry. What is your purpose and goals of your society?

Them: Oh, well we're a charity organisation really.

Me: Oh? I've never seen you collecting around town or anywhere really...?

Them: Well there's more than one way to gather funds

Me: Do you care to explain further?

Them: Well I couldnt really talk about it anymore on the phone, I'd be happy to meet with you and discuss our group further?

Me: Goodbye!

I'd say it could be done if you were a good business man and actor.
    I'm sure they'd be watching out for such things though given they are pretty common knowledge now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Smudgeyboy wrote: »
    I rang them in Athlone once a few years ago, asking what they are about before I had really investigated it myself.

The conversation went like this.

Me: Hello, I'd just like to know more about freemasonry. What is your purpose and goals of your society?

Them: Oh, well we're a charity organisation really.

Me: Oh? I've never seen you collecting around town or anywhere really...?

Them: Well there's more than one way to gather funds

Me: Do you care to explain further?

Them: Well I couldnt really talk about it anymore on the phone, I'd be happy to meet with you and discuss our group further?

Me: Goodbye!

I'd say it could be done if you were a good business man and actor.
    I'm sure they'd be watching out for such things though given they are pretty common knowledge now.
    Ok have to call bull****!
    That never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭rexusdiablos

King Mob wrote: »
    Ok have to call bull****!
    That never happened.

:P Got to love the frankness.

I've checked out their site but thats about it. I suspect that you'd need to be of a commendable wealth/status.

• Advertisement

King Mob, the number is written in stone on the outside of the building, what reason have you to say the story isnt true?

It is true. It's not that unbelievable is it? Why so?

King Mob, the number is written in stone on the outside of the building, what reason have you to say the story isnt true?

It is true. It's not that unbelievable is it? Why so?

Because it's rather unlikely the biggest conspiracy in the world would have a contact number and answer a question with "Well there's more than one way to gather funds".
    There's no reason to believe in the first place, the burden of proof is on you.
    But asking for solid proof is kinda a wasted effort.

So why dont you stop being so rude and consider the fact that I have no reason to lie. I was very suprised myself however with his answer.

Next time your in Athlone, walk across from the credit union and you'll see a Mason's protractor on stone, underneath is a mobile number. Jaysus....

So why dont you stop being so rude and consider the fact that I have no reason to lie. I was very suprised myself however with his answer.

Next time your in Athlone, walk across from the credit union and you'll see a Mason's protractor on stone, underneath is a mobile number. Jaysus....

Even if you don't have a reason to lie it doesn't exactly stop you does it?

Course that's ignoring the chance you might be paraphrasing of fudging the truth a little. You have shown that you'll believe uncrictially anything that supports your world view. And you have mentioned several times that you experiment with drugs. So unfortunately you're not the most credible source.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Even if you don't have a reason to lie it doesn't exactly stop you does it?

Course that's ignoring the chance you might be paraphrasing of fudging the truth a little. You have shown that you'll believe uncrictially anything that supports your world view. And you have mentioned several times that you experiment with drugs. So unfortunately you're not the most credible source.

Don't be a hater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

yes.

I can confirm some strange cloak and dagger stuff goes on in athlone nightclubs..

.. and dublin ones too... when im there.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm a Member. Having joined in the last year I am a low-ranking in the overall organisation, but the organisation seems based almost entirely around charity/insurance. By insurance I mean support was provided to the young widow and children of a member. Suitable charitable causes (such as a young widow...) are supported. I will accept that there is a bit of an old boys' club feel: I could probably get a job from some of the people I know. That said, most of those good men would give jobs to people they know whether they're Members/believers or not. You're giving us a lot of stick just because we're old and private.

Oh and as for the Athlone thing, that's nonsense. Probably just low-grade sexual innuendo.

I'm a Member. Having joined in the last year I am a low-ranking in the overall organisation, but the organisation seems based almost entirely around charity/insurance. By insurance I mean support was provided to the young widow and children of a member. Suitable charitable causes (such as a young widow...) are supported. I will accept that there is a bit of an old boys' club feel: I could probably get a job from some of the people I know. That said, most of those good men would give jobs to people they know whether they're Members/believers or not. You're giving us a lot of stick just because we're old and private.

Oh and as for the Athlone thing, that's nonsense. Probably just low-grade sexual innuendo.

Oh god.... this isn't going to end well is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Oh god.... this isn't going to end well is it?

:D:D

I think there are a few people around here strongly resisting to urge to say something along the lines of "I told you so". Actually scratch that.
    Expect comments more like "Agent of NWO in our midst". ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The one time I troll and I don't even get one hilarious response :(

Poor show, lads. Poor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

DubTony wrote: »
    :D:D

I think there are a few people around here strongly resisting to urge to say something along the lines of "I told you so". Actually scratch that.
    Expect comments more like "Agent of NWO in our midst". ;)

If you mean Freemasonry, there are several masons on boards. I don't believe they are any more a part of the NWO as the part we all play, in our own little ways. Consumers. Workers. Media manipulated. ;)

Advertisement