Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new showpony

Options
  • 28-10-2008 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

even though I can barely cycle a mile without shooting pains in my broken collarbone, I managed to get this one back to my house this evening. its so going to get nicked. but i wanted it!

Picture%2B5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

That is suh-lick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

SetOverSet wrote: »
    Pic?

eh, there's a big pic of it there, can you not see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

flickerx wrote: »
    eh, there's a big pic of it there, can you not see it?

Pic's invisible here too - I got the URL from a quote reply and it doesn't display but forces a download rather than display in the browser.

Lovely bike even if I don't like half-taped bars

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

6co2op

• Advertisement

It's gorgeous. What is it?

its a Masi Speciale Fixed Ltd. here's another image, maybe this one will work if the last one didnt

08s_MasiFreak_Raw01-1.jpg

its a Masi Speciale Fixed Ltd. here's another image, maybe this one will work if the last one didnt

Boards seems not to like the image URLs. I used tinyurl.com for the image above (which I found when quoting your OP).

eta: where did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I can't see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Got the forced download thing also with Lumen's links also, see if attaching works.

Christ though, nice bike.

65633.jpg

65632.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

very nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Duuurty!

I want one.

I notice that it has some of the same components as the Langster - Sugino cranks, Sugino messenger chainwheel and Alex500 rims. All good stuff.

Where did you get it? Or can you say? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

The front fork is really nice.. cool crown on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Really Nice bike .. i like it... Can I have it Santa please? weeks to xmas ... argh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

homina homina

i hate you :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

That's a lovely looking frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    homina homina

i hate you :)

I think that beats the Capo mate, sorry :p

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unionman wrote: »
    Duuurty!

I want one.

I notice that it has some of the same components as the Langster - Sugino cranks, Sugino messenger chainwheel and Alex500 rims. All good stuff.

Where did you get it? Or can you say? :-)

Just got it at my local dealer. Shouldnt say on a public board at the moment where I am for legal reasons, I'll wait until after the settlement arising from the accident.

The grey colour on the frame - thats actually the colour of the metal. The only painted bits are the decals with the wine/red brown colour with the Masi logo. It worked out about the same price as a Langster, maybe around €50 more. It comes with a 44/16 drive but I changed the fixed sprocket to a 15. It rides really well and the stock tyres seem better than the Specialized stock ones (but I am going to put my armadillos from my ruined self-build on it). The frame is dead light, the pista/track handlebars are ok but I might change them at some later point. That's just rubber grips on the lower end of the bars, not tape, might take them off and tape up the bars proper. I got the white saddle swapped (as difficult as that was to do) for a black one with a gap down the middle for medical reasons. The white saddle was also glaringly attractive to thieves.

I was in physio the first time today which was agonising, seeing the ten or so screws inside myself on the x-ray was cool, except for the single 3 inch screw holding two bones together which limits my motion, and get this - I have to wait until the screw breaks in half inside me from wear & tear before I'll get the full stretch back in my right shoulder. But I'm looking forward to rehabilitating myself with it. I was really happy after cycling for just fifteen or twenty minutes last night, even though it hurt and I was nervous. Cycling is great.
    Motorists as a species are disgusting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

I have to wait until the screw breaks in half inside me from wear & tear before I'll get the full stretch back in my right shoulder.

Jayyyyyyyyyyyysus. That sounds pretty rough! Get well soon man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Jayyyyyyyyyyyysus. That sounds pretty rough! Get well soon man.

+1!

Cycling is great.
    Motorists as a species are disgusting :D
    Yes!!! I agree!!! I had a fall a couple of weeks ago and even if I was only a tiny little bit hurt compared to you, the only thing I was thinking about on my way back home with blood all over me was ... ' I want to be back on that bike NOW' ... I refuse to use my car now, and when I am driving ... I wish I was on my bike and I look at each and every cyclists that passes me with envy. I wish you all the best with your recovery and a real blast on your new bike, because it is HOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Stunning bike man. Stunning

Anyone ever seen any Masi bike for sale in Ireland?

Anyone ever seen any Masi bike for sale in Ireland?

I have never seen any over here but think I may have seen them back in the far away land of Canadia. I had a look at their catalogue and I like what I see.

Advertisement